1. State whether the following were Imam, Ahl al-Kisa’ or both:-
(a) Hasan al-Mujtaba. (b) Ali al-Murtaza (c) Musa al-Kadhim.
2: Name the Imam whose life was shortest and the one whose life is the longest?
1.Name the Books which were revealed to the Ulu’l-Azm Prophets.
2 Name the month of Fasting, the ninth month of Islam.
1. Prove in your own words the existence of God.
2. Give one verse from the Qur’an to prove the Oneness of Allah.
3. Why is qiyamat necessary? When will it come?
4. Name the Imam with whom you will be called on the Day of Judgment.
1. At what age does a boy and a girl have to fulfill religious obligations?
.2. Name the month in which Hajj is performed.
3. What will be the amount of zakat paid by a man who had kept 200 silver coins?
4. How much khums should be paid on a saving of shillings one hundred fifty? How shall this money be divided?
5. When is Jihad obligatory? Would you call it Jihad if people without the permission of Imam attack a country for worldly gains ?
6. What do you understand by ‘amr bi’l ma’ruf and nahy ‘an al-munkar?
7. Wtih whom is tabarra done?
8 What is the meaning of a’lam?
1. Give five examples of each of the following:-
Wajib Haram Makruh.
2. Explain in brief the difference between a mushrik and a munafiq.
1. Give a single term:
(a) For a thing taken illegally. (b) For a thing taken lawfully.
2. What is the difference between muwalat and tartib? Explain giving examples.
1. Explain with reason, whether the following things are najis or pak:-
(a) Urine of human being.
(b) Dung of cow.
(c) Stool of snake.
(d) Hair of a dead man.
(e) Dead body of a Muslim when it is still warm.
(f) Sweat of a person lawfully junub.
Describe what is the effect of the following, giving reason of your answer:
1. A dog drinks from a water which was exactly a kur.
2. Najasah is mixed with rose-water more than a kur.
3. A few drops of urine are mixed with water more than a kur.
4. A car splashes water on your clothes while it is heavily raining.
5. A pig licks a pot.
6. You walk bare-foot on a wet earth with najasah on your sole.
7. A najasah is dried by mere heat on an immovable thing.
8. A dead dog changes into earth.
9. You kill a mosquito which leaves blood on your hand.
10. A kafir accepts Islam.
1. When do wine and its container become clean?
2. Explain what is istibra’.
3. While visiting a Muslim (who deliberately ignores the laws of shari'ah) you noticed a chair being najis. On your next visit, you happened to sit on the same chair with your wet clothes. Are your clothes pak or najis?
1. What is the method of taharah after urinating?
2. With which things can taharah be done after relieving bowels?
3. What are the conditions for taharah with paper, etc?
1. Which are the obligatory actions in wudhu?
2. Describe the mustahab acts of wudhu.
Explain briefly the effect of the following actions:-
1. A man performed wudhu at a place where a sign board says "No admission without permission"
2. A man performed wudhu at a public park.
3. You helped your friend in performing wudhu by pouring water on his hand.
4. A silver pot is used for performing wudhu.
5. You completed wudhu but did not cleanse the sole of your foot which was najis.
6. A girl performs wudhu while her nails are covered with nail polish.
7. A girl performs wudhu while having hina color on her palms.
8. You poured water on hand starting from fingers going towards the elbow.
When do the following prayer becomes obligatory (wajib)?
1. Salat al-Ayaat.
2. Salat al-Ijarah.
3. Salat al-Mayyit.
4. Salat al-‘Eidayn.
1. A man takes one minute for one rak’at. The time is 6.26 p.m. The sun is to set at 6.30 p.m. and he has not prayed Zuhr and Asr yet. Which prayer should he pray first and why?
2. A man prays ‘Isha at 6.15 p.m. which is the exact starting time of Maghrib? Is his ‘Isha prayer valid? Why?
3. Differentiate between fadhilah time and reserved time of prayer.
1. How will you find out the direction of qibla in a Muslim village?
2. How should a man pray when he is uncertain of direction of qibla?
3. In what direction should a man face while in the toilet?
Describe the effects of following actions, giving the reason of your answers:-
1. (a) A prayer is performed in a tahir ghasbi clothes.
(b) A hair of a cat is on the clothes of a person praying.
(c) A belt made from a lawfully slaughtered cow is worn during prayer.
(d) A woman is wearing a golden ring during her prayers.
(e) A man has a handkerchief of pure silk in a pocket during the prayers.
(f) A man while praying is wearing clothes which have a few drops of blood of a Kafir on it.
(g) A man prays in a dry najis place but the place of sajdah is tahir.
2. Under what circumstances can a person pray without having clothes on?
1. What is the reward of a prayer in Masjid al-Haram?
2. What is the reward of a prayer in Masjid Jami’?
1. Are Adhan and Iqamah obligatory?
2. Is "ashhadu anna Ameeral Mu'minina ‘Aliy-yan Hujjatul-Laah" a part of Adhan or Iqamah?
1. Are the following things wajib al-rukni, wajib ghayr-rukni or mustahab?
ruku’ - muwalaat – dhikr of sajdah - salawat after dhikr of ruku’ - tashahhud - niyyah - qiyam at the time of Takbiratul-Ihram - salaam – Sami’ Allahu liman hamidah- qunut- qira’at- tartib.
2. What will be the effect of the following:-
(a) You intentionally did not recite qunut in prayer.
(b) In addition to the seven parts of your body, you also kept your nose on the earth during
(c) You forgot Takbiratul-ihram after niyyah.
(d) You left out one sajdah in prayer by mistake.
(e) While reciting Surah al-Hamd you purposely kept your body moving.
3. What is the difference between 'wajib al-rukni' and 'wajib ghayr rukni?'
Describe the actions which invalidate a prayer.
What are you supposed to do in the following?
1. Doubt occurred in ruku’ as to whether you had recited Surah-al-Hamd.
2. In Maghrib prayer a doubt occurred whether it was the 2nd or the 3rd rak’at.
3. You became doubtful in a four rak’at prayer, at the time of tashahhud, whether you had prayed the 1st rak’at.
4. At the time of Maghrib you became doubtful whether you had prayed your Asr prayer properly.
5. You became doubtful in a four rak’at prayer before the second sajdah whether it was the 2nd or the 3rd rak’at.
State the remedial procedure for the following doubts:
1. In a four rak’at prayer, doubt occurred whether it was the 3rd or the 4th rak’at.
2. A doubt occurred after both the sajdahs whether it was the 2nd, the 3rd or the 4th rak’at.
3. Doubt occurred after the two sajdahs whether it was the 2nd or the 4th rak’at.
4. Doubt occurred while in qiyam, whether it was the 5th or the 6th rak’at.
1. Explain with examples when sajdah sahw is wajib?
2. When does Salat al-ihtiyat become wajib?
3. How is sajdah sahw done?
1. Explain the difference between ghusl tartibi and ghusl irtimasi.
2. Which are wajib ghusls for a man?
3. Can a junub person enter a Hussayniya to hear majlis?
4. Can a junub person recite the Qur'an by memory?
1. What is the minimum period of haidh and nifas? What is the maximum duration?
2. Which things are haram during the period of haidh and nifas?
3. Can haidh start before the age of 9 years?
1. What is istihadha?
2. Explain the difference between istihadha mutawassita and kathira.
3. What should be done in istihadha qalila?
1. (a) At noon, you have no water; but there is possibility of getting water long before sunset.
Are you allowed to do tayammum and pray Zuhr at noon?
(b) A person has been advised not to use cold water in any circumstances for doing either
wudhu or ghusl. Should he do tayammum for prayers?
(c) Water is sufficient for wudhu only if your horse or cow is denied water. Should you use that
water for wudhu?
2. Name the things on which tayammum is allowed.
1. When is the Prayer of Ayaat obligatory?
2. What is the method of the Prayer of Ayaat?
1. What is the meaning of wajib takhyiri?
2. What are the conditions for the Friday prayer?
1. Is Eidayn prayer obligatory nowadays?
2. What is the method of Eidayn prayer?
1. Explain some social benefits of jama’ah prayer.
2. Give some spiritual benefits of jama’ah prayer.
1. What is the meaning of "wajib kifa’i"?
2. What is the method of Salat al-mayyit?
3. Is wudhu or ghusl obligatory for Salat al-mayyit?
1. What are the conditions of the validity of fasting?
2. Who are the persons exempted from fasting?
1. Explain the result of the following actions on Fast:
(a) A person gets into water up to his chest.
(b) Forgetting that he was fasting, he drank half a liter of water.
(c) Intentionally not doing Ghusl janabat up to subh al-sadiq.
2. What is kaffarah for an old aged person who cannot fast