(The Cleaving Asunder)
No. 82 (19 Verses)
Contents of the Sura:
The theme of this Sura, similar to that of other Suras of the last part of the Qur'an is about the Hereafter and points to five different subjects.
1. The preliminary events, which happen at the end of this physical world and just a little before that, the new Spiritual World is established.
2. A hint to the blessings of Allah that encompass Man's entity, and the breaking of his pride, in order for him to he prepared for the Resurrection.
3. A reference to the angels who are appointed to record the deeds of Man.
4. The end of 'the Righteous' and 'The wicked' on the Day of Judgment.
5. A part of the hardship on that Great Day.
A narration from Imam Sadiq (p.b.u.h.) says: "He who recites those two Suras: Infitar and Inshiqaq and considers them present before his eyes in his obligatory and optional prayers, nothing will separate him from Allah and there will he no hindrance between him and Allah. He will be in the continuous presence of Allah and Allah will be looking over him until all of the accounts he has with others are settled."