1. Recitation of the Qur’an: “Every thing has a season, and the season of the Qur’an is Ramadhan.” Imam Al-Baqir (a.s)
2. Invocation: “Indeed there is a granted invocation for every faster at the time of his/her breakfast.” The Prophet of Islam (S)
3. Endeavour in Worshipping
4. Hiding fasting unless the faster is asked.
5. Smelling of and wearing perfume (for ladies not in front of strangers): “Perfume is the gift of a faster.” The Prophet of Islam (S)
6. Feeding the fasting people: “Whoever feeds one who is fasting will have the equivalent reward”. The Prophet of Islam (S)
7. Breaking his/her fast after Maghrebain Prayers that he/she may gain the reward of those who pray whilst fasting. Unless a faster cannot tolerate it or there is someone who is waiting for him/her to break their fast together.
1. Dispute, argue and swear.
2. Reading poems except for Ahlul-Bait (a.s)
3. Kissing, touching and foreplay with ones’ spouse.
4. Brushing teeth with a wet toothbrush.
5. Using eye make-up (Kohl) or eye-drops.
6. Rinse out the mouth ( Except for Wudhu’).
7. Giving blood or anything, which makes the faster weak.
8. Inhaling where one does not know if it reaches the throat.
9. Smelling of flowers specially narcissus,
10. Enema with solid.
11. Making your clothes wet.
12. Sitting in the water (for women),
13. Having a full stomach (for those excused from fasting)
14. Traveling before the 23rd of Ramadhan,
15. Troubling your worker or family.