[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Hijab in Hot Weather

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Mulla
Asghar.

Salaamun Alaikum,

Please reply the followig question :

I am a Medical student, studing in Jammu (Batra Medical College). Jammu
is an extremely hot place and moreover, the medical college is a co-ed.
Right from my childhood, I have maintained hijab, but the heat in Jammu
is so scorching that it becomes very troubling with my head scarf. I
just want to know, whether it is permissible to leave the scarf open in
front, due to which my neck and few of my hair will be exposed? If not,
then what is the solution? It becomes impossible for me to study in the
heat and moreover I am not used to such high temperatures.?

We will be thankful to you if you will spare your precious time in
answering the above question.

ANSWER:

In the situation described below, you can leave the scarf open in front
allowing as little exposure of hair as possible.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Hijab and shaking hands
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Hijab in Hot Weather (Follow-up)