[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Reciting 2nd Sura in 3rd/4th Rakat (Follow-up)

	The reply to the follow-up question below was kindly provided by Mulla
Asghar.

ORIGINAL QUESTION:

Salamun alaikum,

I was praying behind one of the brothers, and I noticed that he had recited
another surah after Al-Fatihah in the 3rd and 4th rak'a.  I told him that he
is not suppose to do that.  The question is whether all his prayers are void
or not, and whether my prayer, behind him, is void as well.  Please answer
according to Syed Sistani.

Thank You

ANSWER:

In the 3rd and the 4th Rakaat, we are allowed to recite Tasbeehat-e-Arba'
or Sura Alhamd.

If the person did it [recited another sura] purposely, his Namaz is void.
If he did not know the Mas'ala or did it forgetfully, then the Namaz is
not void.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

FOLLOW-UP QUESTION:

<< If the person did it [recited another sura] purposely, his Namaz is
void.  If he did not know the Mas'ala or did it forgetfully, then the
Namaz is not void. >>

QUESTION:

Does it not break into Qasir and Muqussar?  Please explain, thanks

ANSWER

It does not, because Qiraat is Wajib Ghayr Rukni and the Fuqaha in Masael
which are Ghayr Rukni have not taken these into strict consideration.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Reciting 2nd Sura in 3rd/4th Rakat
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Reciting Du'as