[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Wudhu (Massah) with Oil in Hair

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Mulla
Asghar.

Saalam Alaikum

Is it okay to  perform ablution (wudhuu) and do the Massah
while wearing hair oil, or any other hair products.  I have been told that
the hair should be completely dry while performing massah and that the
only wetness should be from the wudhuu water. Please advice according to
Agha Khui and Agha Seestani!!

Thank you.

ANSWER

The hair oil or any such greasy product must not be so thickly spread that
it prevents water from wiping the hair or the head. If it is sparsely
spread and if it accepts water onto it, there is no harm.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Wudhu (Ablution)- Obligatory and Recommended Acts
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Wudhu - Parts of the Body to be Covered