[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Creation - Purpose of

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali
Takim.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer

I have a very important question that I would appreciate an accurate answer
for.
Q: Why did Allah (swt) create mankind.
  What is the reason specifically.

Thank you, Was salamu Aliaikum

Salaamun 'alaykum,

The question requires a very lengthy response, however, I will try to keep
it as brief as possible.

Allah (SWT) states in the Qur'an that we have been created to worship Him.
The Qur'anic concept of worship is more broad than our usage of the term.
All acts of subservience to Him are forms of worship.

Human beings have been elevated over other creatures of Allah, they have
been bestowed with the trust (33:72) and have been infused with the spirit
of God. They have also been given the capacity to choose and the knowledge
which enables them to make proper moral decisions.

One can delineate our obligations on this terrestial world at two levels:
at the individual level, we should aspire to become morally conscientious
human beings, attaining taqwa which means being aware of God's presence at
all times in our lives. This would be objectified into morally upright and
value oriented acts.

The Qur'an also demands that we play active roles in creating a just social
order based on egalitarian principles.
Commitment to the creation of a just society is a natural corollary of an
ethical being.

It is on the twin principles of taqwa and adala that we will be judged. To
help us in our quest, Allah has created role models in the form of Prophets
and Imams.

May Allah help us in serving His cause and may He make us sincere in
following the footsteps of the Prophet (SAW) and his progeny.

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Creams and Lotions
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Criteria for a Prospective Spouse