[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Hijab of Feet

Salamun Alaykum,

The following question was answered from the 'Aalim Network Archives

Regards

Abbas Jaffer
Moderator - 'Aalim Network

Salaam Alaikum;

I am in taqleed of A. Seestani, and i would like to know what is his
fatwa on women covering their feet (i.e from ankle to toe).  I have
heard the following, don't know who said what, but am confused on what
to do.

1.  one can show one's feet (i.e ankle to toe)
2.  one can't show one's feet, except in prayers (in mahram).
3.  one can't show one's feet, also in prayers whether in a crowd of
mahram or non-mahram.

ARCHIVE:

Subject: Question [Hijab]

Assalamu alaikum
Please provide me with the ruling of Ayatollah Sistani and Ayatollah Javad
Tabrizi (if his rissaleh is available to you) for the following question:

Is it necessary that a woman cover the upper part of her feet, up to ankle
in front of a non-Mahram man? I know that this part is not required to be
covered in prayers, but I couldn't find whether it should be covered in
front of men, or not. What about the sole of the feet?

ANSWER:
Salaamun 'Alaykum;

Ayatullah Seestani states that a woman should conceal her body & hair from
non-mahram man. She is allowed to leave her hands and face upto the wrists
uncovered in the presence of na-mahram porvided it does notlead to lustful
glances. I trust this will answer the question as to what must be covered
and what can remain uncovered. I do not have the risala of Ayat Tabrizi.

Fi Amanillah

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Hijab in Hot Weather (Follow-up)
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Hijr al-Isma'eel