[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Ladies & Jama'at Namaaz

The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Dr Liyakatali
Takim.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer

Asalaamu Alaikum,

I understand that you only need to people to pray in a congregation - the
Imam and one other.  My question is whether it is sufficient if the follower
is a woman? So can there be a congregation if the man is the Imam and the
follower is a woman. (ex: can a husband and wife pray in congregation?)

Thank you.

Salaamun 'alaykum,

In a congregation of two people, it is o.k. for the Imam to be a man and
the ma'mum
(follower) to be a woman.

Liyakatali Takim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Kurr Water
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Ladies Joining Jumu'ah Prayers