[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Miscarriage-Burial of fetus (Follow-up)

	As a reply to the following question on specific guidelines to
follow in cases of a miscarriage, please find the ruling of Ayat. Seestani (from 'Islamic Laws') reproduced below.

FOLLOW-UP QUESTION:

Salaam Alaikum,

Please clarify your answer about this question. Please clear the above
question a little further for me. After how many weeks of pregnancy should it
be considered that a fetus requires burial? 2?4?6?10?24? These answers are
important today for Jaffria Fiqh followers.

Does the fetus also required ghusal & Kafan? Again after how many weeks?

Thank You!

ANSWER:

AYAT. SEESTANI'S RULING (From Islamic Laws)

564.* If a foetus of 4 months or more is still-born it is obligatory to
give it Ghusl, and even if it has not completed four months, but it has
formed features of a human child, it must be given Ghusl, as a precaution.
In the event of both of these circumstances being absent, the foetus will
be wrapped up in a cloth and buried without Ghusl.

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Miscarriage - Burial of fetus
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Missed Prayers & Fasts of a Convert