[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Sunni Nikah/Divorce

Assalamu 'alaykum

The following questions were answered by Mulla Asgher.

Salaams & Duas
Ummulbanin Merali - Moderator - 'Aalim Network

I was wondering about a few things. Kindly help answer my questions. I am
under the taqleed of Aqa e Seestani.

(1) If a shia couple got married through a Sunni Maulvi is their marriage
contract valid or not? I mean can shias marry through a sunni maulvi if a
shia one is unavailable?

(2) What are the valid points for a woman to be able to take a divorce from
her husband.
     *What if he could not support her?
     *Could not provide a house that is protecting her from her brother-in-
laws in the matters of Hijab etc.?

And any other info that you can give.

ANSWER:

1.  If the Nikah is read according to Shia FIQH, it will be valid -
otherwise not.

2.  Divorce from husband can be obtained with the permission of Marja on
the following grounds:

a.  If the husband does not maintain her.
b.  If he disappears totally.
c.  If he is given a long term imprisonment, which would be humanly
intolerable for wife.
d.  If he is cruel to her.
e.  If he is impotent, or becomes impotent.

With Salaams,

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Suicide - Burial Rites
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Superglue