[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Khums for Non-Sadat

Salaam Alaykum

The following answer was kindly provided by Mulla Asghar.

wasalaam

Salam alaikum,

I have a question regarding Khums. One of a close relative I know is
very much in need of financial help and he is not a Syed. I was
wondering since Khums goes to deserving syed's, Is there any exception
since I don't know any Syed as much in need of money as this person who
is a non syed.  He is very much in need of money which has lead to
financial difficulty in his life and he is that kind of a person who
would not take help by asking. I would like to know if I can give him
the khums money until he is able to come out of his financial
difficulty. I am in taqleed of Imam Khumaini.

May Allah reward you for your service.

-------------

ANSWER:

Khums is in two equal parts, one Sehme Imam and another Sehme Sadat.  There
are thousands of Sadat who live below poverty line.  So it is not correct
to compare one poor to another.  Now, coming to the case of the deserving
person you know, a non Syed, you can help him from Sehme Imam after
obtaining the permission of a Marja.  You are in Taqleed of Imam Khomeini,
may Allah bless him with Maghferat, but you will now require permission
from a living Marja.

With Salaams,

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums and Zakat
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums for Non-Sadat - Follow Up