[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Khums on Kaffara (Expiation)

Salaam Alaykum:

The following reply was kindly provided by Shaykh Rasheed.

Wa-salaam

Assalam Alaikum,

I am following Ayatullah Seetani, and through him Ayatullah Khoe. So
please answer me question according to Ayatullah Khoe's fatwa.

I am sending money for my fast Khuffarah so that the person in India can
arrange for food for needy people.  These fasts I did not keep about 10
years ago.  The question is:  Do I need to give khums on this money when
my khums date comes?

Thank you in advance.

-----

ANSWER:

Assuming that this money is not related in any way to Khums due from the
past, there's no obligation to pay Khums on it. Khums is only required
on that money which remains with you at the time when the Khums year has
arrived or that money which you receive that is not income, nor  inheritance.

Was-Salaam,

Ali Rasheed

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums on Haram Expenses
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums on Land