[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Christian opinion Re: Jesus (ibn) Mary

Salaam Alaykum

The following response has kindly been provided by Shaykh Rasheed

wa salaam

I have been fortunate in the sense that I had a Muslim father and a
Christian Mother.  Neither of them forced or encouraged me to follow either
belief.  I was allowed to seek the truth for myself.

After years of 'feeling' out both, I decided that Islam offered the most
logical explanations towards behavior, belief in God and the day of Judgement.

As you are aware, Christianity has deified the Prophet Jesus.  He is part
of what is called the ''Holy Trinity'.

As I understand this, this brings forth the question, "Who rules Heaven?".

It brings along another problem. Namely, the 1st commandment handed down to
the Prophet Moses emphatically states that man shall only adore God.

Christians whom I know, state that the above rules do not apply in this
case.  As you and I are well aware, God has not sent down an 'amendment' to
the 1st commandment.  Would you be able to give me some idea how I should
counter their arguments?

------------------------

ANSWER:

Of course, the Christians do not consider this a contradiction of their
faith. However, logically it cannot be that Jesus (AS) can be God and
God can be God without their being two Gods or some type of "divided"
Godhead. Neither of which cannot be associated with Allah Ta'ala. The
commandment clearly states that "thou shall place no other God before Me."
Christians would probably state that this refers to false Gods, not Jesus
(AS). It is not a logical argument, so therefore do not expect that they
will follow logical lines of argumentation.

Rather, they rely on blind faith. Clearly, if Jesus is God what can they
say about his crucifixion. Is that they really believe that God died and
was resurrected? During the time when God was dead (from Wednesday through
Sunday), was there another God ruling? Or was there no God during that time?

May Allah Ta'ala enlighten them with the truth of Islam.

Was-Salaam.

Ali Rasheed

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Chocolate Liquor
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Circumcision