[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Filing for Bankruptcy to Avoid Debt Repayment

Salaam Alaykum

The following was kindly provided by Mulla Asghar.

wa salaam,

Mustafa F
'Aalim Network, Acting Moderator

Asalaam Alaykum

A friend of mine recently graduated college and returned to Pakistan.

Before returning though, he filed for bankruptcy on nearly $18,000
of college loan to avoid paying it.  He said that it was alright to do
it because we are living in a kafir country that charges interest and
takes our tax dollars and that tuition was very overpriced.

My question is that is this reasoning justified that you can cheat a kaafir
country or institution out of its money which continuously cheats you out of
yours?

----

ANSWER

This is totally unacceptable and against Islamic teachings.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Female Mujtahida
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Fish