[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Turba while Prostrating in Prayers

Salaam Alaykum.

Please review the links below for specifics on this subject.

wa salaam,

SALAMU ALAIKUM,

I AM OF TAQLID OF AYATULLAH ALI ALSEESTANI (may Allah lenghthen his
life)

Regarding praying on the turba, i know it is mustahab to pray on it .
But I pray in the university prayer room and most of the praying people
are the sunni brothers.  I have the feeling that they might me one day
question me regarding my praying on the turba .

Could you give me an answer logic enough for them to consider and know
why we Shia's pray on it .

khuda hafiz.

------

ANSWER:

[Moderator's Note]

Alaykum Salaam.

Please review the below reference links and feel free to approach the
'Aalim Network with additional specific questions.

Short Article from www.al-islam.org

http://www.al-islam.org/beliefs/practices/turba.htm

Rules 1085 - 1099 from Syed Seestani's Taudhi'ul Masail (Rulings)

http://www.al-islam.org/laws/rulesofnamaaz3.html#1085

>From the 'Aalim Network Archives

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/AalimNetwork/msg00510.html

http://www.al-islam.org/organizations/AalimNetwork/msg00263.html

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Tubal Ligation
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Turbah - Praying on Earth / Imamat vs. Revelation