[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Talking to Na-Mehram Women

Salaam Alaykum.

The response to this question was obtained from the appropriate section
from Syed Muhammad Rizvi's book "Marriage and Morals in Islam"

The entire book may be reviewed at www.al-islam.org.

Jazak-allah

Saalam Alaikum !!

Alhamdulliah, with the Grace of Almight Allah, I have been given the
knowledge of knowing the right from wrong, which is why I know that
talking to Na-Mehram women is forbidden in Islam. But, My question is
that, are we allowed to talk to Na-Mehram women/girls, if we were
intending to get married, and are there any criterias to follow, if we
did talk? Please reply soon. I am in the Taqleed of Agha-seestani

Jazakallah

Fee amanillah

[Moderator's Note - The following is a section from the above referenced
book's Chapter 3 - "Some Often Asked Questions"] [available at:]

	http://www.al-islam.org/m_morals/index.htm

(B) By considering the hijab in Islam, is a boy permitted to
     look at the girl before marrying her?

     A man is allowed to see without hijab the woman whom he
     intends to marry. However, this permission is just for the man or
     the woman to see the prospective spouse once; (Muhaqqiq
     al-Hilli, Sharaya', p. 493; Shahid ath-Thani, S'harh Lum'ah, vol.
     2, p. 67; al-Yazdi, al-'Urwah, p. 625; al-Khu'i, Minhaj, vol. 2,
     p. 253; al-Khumayni, Tahrir, vol. 2, p. 254: 'Allamah al-Hilli,
     Tazkirah, vol. 2, p. 572; Shaykh at-Tusi, an-Nihayah, p. 484.) it
     is not a perpetual license to go out together! I strongly
     recommend that such a meeting should take place with the
     supervision of the parent or the guardian.

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Talaq (Divorce) in anger
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Tanasukh