[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Khums - Money received from parent

	The reply to the following question is provided with reference to
the risalah of Ayatullah Seestani.

Al-salam alaykom wa rhmato Allah wa barakatoh
I'm follower of Ayatollah Systani and want to ask about the following:

1- My father still responsible for me and I take money from him. The
problem is he does not pay the Khums or the-Zakat from his money. What
shall I do for that?  Do I have to pay Zakat and Khums from the money he
gives to me?
---------------------

ANSWER:

Masail of Ayatullah Seestani from:

	http://www.al-islam.org/laws/khums.html#1761

Khums

1803. * If a person acquires wealth from another person, and doubts
whether or not he has paid Khums on it, he has a discretion over it.
In fact, even if he is certain that the other person has not paid Khums
on it, he has the discretion over it if that person is a Shia Ithna Asheri.

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums - Delay in it's use
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Khums and Zakat