[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Aamal of Shab-e-Besat (Eve of Declaration of Prophethood)

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh
Mustafa Jaffer.

Salamun Alaikum,

There is a confusion among Momineen regarding a DUA recited during the
Aamaal of Shab e Besat. A small dua recited in Sajdah is given on page 141
of Urdu Mafatih ul Jinan printed in Pakistan. It starts with " Allahumma
Inni Qasadtoka..........." and ends with " Shukran Shukra ". The Urdu
Mafatih that I have refered to says that the whole Dua is to be recited
100 times in Sajdah, whereas the Gujrati version says that only " Shukran
Shukra " is to be recited 100 times and not the whole Dua.

Kindly clarify this. Remember us in your prayer.

---------------------

ANSWER:

'Shab-e-Besat' is the eve of the deputation of the Holy Prophet (SAW) as
a Messenger. It is the 27th Rajab which is also known as [coincides with] the 'Yawm ul Isra wal Mi'raaj' - the day of ascension.

The dua mentioned can be found in Mafatihul Jinan.

The Dua to be recited 100 times in Sajda is as follows:

" ALHAMDULILLAAHIL LADHI HADAANA LIMA'RIFATIHI WA KHASSANA BIWILAAYATIHI WA
WAFFAQANAA LIT'AATII SHUKRAN SHUKRA"

Then raise your head from sajdah and say (once only):

" ALLAHUMMA INNI QASADTUKA BIHAAJATI........BIRAHMATIKA YAA
ARHAMARRAAHIMIN."

Trust this will clarify.

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] A'isha - Use of the Name
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Abortion - Diyaa