[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Questions from a Non-Muslim

	The replies to the following questions were kindly provided by
Mulla Bashir Rahim.

 I am not a Muslim.  I am a Sikh. My questions are :

 * Why do you eat halal meat i.e. why not just kill the animal instead of
slitting its throat?  You don't find the practice barbaric?

 * Why do Muslims face towards Mecca and pray? Isn't God everywhere?

 * How do you justify the killing of innocent people in India and forcing
them to convert to your religion during the 13-16th century in India?  Do
you really think Allah would want someone to be forcibly converted?

 * Sikhs do not eat halal meat because the Muslim occupiers of India at
the time forced their will upon everyone there. It is under this protest
that we do not eat halal meat.

Thank you for your time

---------------------------

ANSWER

Dear friend,

Thank you for asking the above questions.

* The slaughtering of animals in the Islamic manner is humane and
scientific.  Muslims are not allowed to consume blood and certain offals.
I can not see any objection to the Islamic way of slaughtering animals for
their consumption.

* For all Muslims to face Mecca while praying attests to the uniformity
and universality of the faith. All religions have certain disciplines like
you have the five 'K's.

* Forcible conversion is not permitted in Islam. Just as there may be bad
Christians, bad Hindus etc. there have been bad Muslims who for imperial
or selfish other ends have killed and still kill innocent people. This can
not be justified.

*This is a new one on me. I have not heard of Sikhs not eating halal food.
Is it true that you religion forbids you to do so?

With best wishes,

Bashir Rahim

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Qiblah
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Qur'an / Lailatul Qadr