[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Food and Ahlul-Kitab

Salaam Alaikum

The following was kindly provided by Shaykh Mustafa Jaffer

Thank You

The late Imam's Khumayni & Khoie ruled that ahlul-kitab were najis,
but we could eat foods prepared by them according to their rulings,
yet we could not eat foods prepared by kafirs.

What is the difference?  They are both najis?

(I understand that Ayatullah's Khamenie & Sistani consider ahlul-kitab
to be clean.)

Also, if the food is being cooked, would not the heat be a cleanser?
-----------

ANSWER:

The Late Ayatullah Khomeini and Khui ruled that as a precaution, the AHlul
Kitaab were Najis.

There is a distinct difference between the Ahlul Kitab and the KAfir - they
have been mentioned separately - by their respective names - in the Holy
Quran. Moreover, the KAfir is a Najisul Ayn whereas Ahlul Kitab is not.

In any case, whoever excludes Ahlul Kitab from the overall Kafir, is
actually declaring them Paak and Tahir. Whereas those who refrain from doing
so are actually making their food or whatever they touch Najis and haram to
eat.

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Fitra for pets
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Food in Restaurants