The method of transliteration of Islamic terminology from the Arabic language has been carried out according to the standard transliteration table mentioned below.
|Long Vowels||Short Vowels|
(s.w.t.) - Free from Imperfections and Exalted is He
(s.a.w.) - Prayers be upon him and his family
(a.s.) - Peace be upon him
(s.a.) - Peace be upon her
- 180 Questions Enquiries About Islam Volume One: The Practical Laws
- Transliteration Table
- A Few Words About This Book by Ayatullah Al-Uzma Makarim Shirazi
- Biography of the Author
- His Studies
- Political Activities
- The Religious Help and Support
- The Prayers
- 1. What is the philosophy behind Wudu and Ghusl?
- 2. What is the Philosophy behind Tayammum?
- 3. What is the manner of washing the face, and wiping the head and the feet in Wudu?
- 4. What is the need to face the Qiblah in prayers?
- 5. What secrets lay behind the changing of the Qiblah?
- 6. What is the philosophy of prayers?
- 7. Why should we offer prayers at prescribed times?
- 12. What purpose does Islam seek to achieve by Jihad? What is the need for the ‘Initiating Jihad’?
- 13. How does Islam attest slavery?
- 14. What is Jizyah and What is its Philosophy?
- 15. What is the Philosophy behind the Prohibition of Battles in the Holy Months?
- The Rights of Women In Islam
- 16. What Rights does Islam offer to Women?
- 17. What is the Philosophy of Hijab?
- 18. Why is the Inheritance of Men twice that of Women?
- 19. Why is Blood Money for Women half that for Men?
- 20. What is the philosophy behind the dower for women?
- 21. How does Islam permit the physical punishment of women?
- 22. Why are men permitted to have more than one spouse whereas the women are not?
- 23. What is meant by ‘justice’ as mentioned in the conditions (to be considered) with respect to polygamy?
- 24. What is the philosophy behind temporary marriage?
- 25. Did temporary marriage exist during the time of the Noble Prophet (s.a.w)?
- 26. What is the philosophy behind Muhallil?
- 27. What is the philosophy behind the observance of Iddah?
- Philosophy Behind Some of the Prohibited Acts of Islam
- 28. What is the philosophy behind the prohibition of gambling?
- 29. What is music and what is the philosophy behind its prohibition?
- 30. What is the philosophy behind the prohibition of fornication?
- 31. What philosophy governs the prohibition of homosexuality?
- 32. What is the philosophy behind the prohibition of (consumption of) liquor?
- 33. What is the philosophy that governs the prohibition of (consumption of) pork?
- 34. What is the philosophy behind the prohibition of sexual intercourse during menstruation?
- 35. What is the philosophy for the prohibition of marriage with one’s ‘immediate relatives’?
- The Noble Qur`an
- 36. Has the Qur`an been altered?
- 37. How is the Qur`an a miracle?
- 38. Is the miracle of the Qur`an confined to its eloquence only?
- 39. How do we know they have not brought the like of the Qur`an?
- 40. What do al-Huruf al-Muqatt’ah (The Broken Letters) of the Qur`an mean?
- 41. Has the Qur`an attested the contents of the Torah and the Gospels?
- 42. Was the Qur`an collected during the time of the Noble Prophet (s.a.w) or after him?
- 43. What are the ‘clear’ and the ‘ambiguous’ verses?
- 44. Why are some of the verses of the Qur`an ambiguous?
- 45. Is Bismillah a part of (every) chapter?
- 46. Why is it forbidden to give the Qur`an to a disbeliever?