The method of transliteration of Islamic terminology from the Arabic language has been carried out according to the standard transliteration table mentioned below.
|Long Vowels||Short Vowels|
(s.w.t.) - Free from Imperfections and Exalted is He
(s.a.w.) - Prayers be upon him and his family
(a.s.) - Peace be upon him
(s.a.) - Peace be upon her
- 180 Questions Enquiries About Islam Volume Two: Various issues
- Transliteration Table
- A Few Words About This Book by Ayatullah Al-Uzma Makarim Shirazi
- Biography of the Author
- His Studies
- Political Activities
- The Religious Help and Support
- 1. What is the purpose of mankind’s creation?
- 2. Why did Allah (s.w.t.) not create mankind perfect from the onset?
- 3. What is the purpose of the perfection of man?
- 4. Why does Allah (s.w.t.) test people?
- 5. Is the ‘prosperity’ or ‘wretchedness’ of mankind, inherent?
- 6. What is the difference between Islam and Iman?
- 7. What is meant by ‘Shaytan’ in the Noble Qur’an?
- 8. What is the reality of the Jinn?
- 9. What is the reality of Angels?
- 10. What is ‘Raj'at (the Return)? Is its occurrence possible?
- 11. What is the philosophy of Raj'at?
- 12. What is the reality of Tawakkul and what is its philosophy?
- 13. What is the philosophy behind Du'a and Invocations?
- 14. Why is it that our Supplications Occasionally Remain Unanswered?
- 15. What is Islam’s perspective with regards to Jabr (compulsion) and Ikhtiyar (free-choice)?
- 16. Is the theory of evolution inconsistent with theism?
- 17. Is the theory of evolution of species inconsistent with the viewpoint of the Noble Qur’an with regards to the creation of Prophet Adam (a.s.)?
- 18. What is the Reality of Dreams?
- 19. What is meant by ‘The Courses’ (Sunnat) of Allah’?
- 20. Does ‘Injury by an Evil Eye’ Possess any Reality?
- 21. Does ‘Good Omen’ and ‘Evil Omen’ Possess any Reality?
- 22. Is Qisas (the Law of Retaliation) against the Norms of Intellect and Human Sentiments?
- 23. Is the Punishment of Amputation of the Hands, Rough and Violent?
- 24. Were all the Companions of the Noble Prophet (S) Upright and Righteous?
- 25. Why is it that some of the Oppressors and Sinners are Drowned in Comfort and Bounties and do not Witness any Punishment?
- 26. Why is it that Nations, Devoid of Faith and Belief, Possess a Life of Ease and Comfort?
- 27. If Every Person’s Sustenance has been Decreed, then why are Some (found to be) Hungry?
- 28. What are the reasons for the backwardness of the Muslims?
- 29. What is the incident of Fadak?
- 30. Was Abu Talib a Muslim?
- 31. What is the Criterion with regards to the Greater Sins?
- 32. Why is it Necessary to Utter Allah’s Name at the Time of Slaughtering (Animals)?
- 33. How does Islam view Monasticism?
- 34. What do ‘Spiritual Vision’ and ‘Mystical Intuition’ Mean?
- 35. How can ‘Allotment of Sustenance on the Part of Allah’ and ‘Working for One’s Livelihood’ be Consistent with one Another?
- 36. Is Naskh (Abrogation) Permitted in the Religious Laws?
- 37. Is it Correct to Label Days as Auspicious and Inauspicious?
- 38. Is the Incident of the ‘People of the Cave’ Corroborated by Present-Day Science?
- 39. What is Intended by the Seven Heavens?
- 40. Is the Annihilation of the Solar System during the Countdown towards the Day of Judgment Consistent with our Present-Day Knowledge?
- 41. What is Magic and how does Islam view it?
- 42. What is the aim of Taqiyyah (Dissimulation)?
- 43. What is the Myth of Gharaniq or ‘The Satanic Verses’?