There is no doubt that one of the most fundamental goals of the research institutes and centers is to enhance the scientific potentials of the universities and higher education centers, which bring together the talented elite.
Dealing with this specialized stratum and producing research material for the students to use is the most worthwhile endeavor of these scientific institutions. Similarly, in order to compensate the scientific deficiencies existing in various centers, the universities are to provide these institutes with their new findings so that by developing a viable mutual bond, a productive transaction may ensue and thus, the theoretical aspects and the fruitful applied results of sciences may emerge.
One of the blessed evidences of this research transaction in the field of humanities is the cooperation between the Islamic Research Foundation of Astan Quds Razavi and the Organization for Researching and Composing University Textbooks in the Humanities (SAMT), the Center for Humanities Research and Development. The two institutes have presented their fifteenth joint endeavor to the country’s scientific community by the publication of the Persian edition of Animals: Protective Laws and Exploitation Limits in Islam, which is now translated into English.
Holding a PhD in philosophy and besides being familiar with Islamic jurisprudence, philosophy, and mysticism, the writer has for years been dealing with jurisprudential issues and is at present among those making research on bioethics and medical jurisprudence.
The author’s works published by The Islamic Research Foundation of Astan Quds Razavi are:
1. Al-Tarqi‘ wa Zar‘ al-A‘dha’ fi Fiqh al-Islami (Arabic) [Organ Transplantation in Islamic Jurisprudence] (1380/2001)
2. Payvand A‘dha’ dar Fiqh-i Islami (Persian) [Organ Transplantation in Islamic Jurisprudence] (1381/2002)
3. Hidhanat-i Kudakan dar Fiqh-i Islami (Persian) [Child Custody in Islamic Jurisprudence] (1386/2007)
4. Hadithi Wilayat, Nigarishi Naw dar Ma‘na Shinasi (Persian) [Hadith of Guardianship, a New Approach to Semantics] (1387/2008)
5. Guzargah-ha dar Fiqh-i Islami (Persian) [Passageways in Islamic Jurisprudence] (1388/2009)
6. Hayvanat, Qavanin Himayati wa Hudud- Bahravari dar Islam (Persian) [Animals; Protective Rules and Exploitation Limits in Islam] (Islamic Research Foundation & SAMT Publication – 1388/2009)
Nazariyya Padayish-i Jahan dar Hikmat-i Yamani wa Hikmat-i Muti‘aliya (Persian) [Origins of the Universe in Transcendent Philosophy and the Yamani Wisdom] (1389/2010)
This book is originally written as an auxiliary textbook for the students of Jurisprudence and Fundamentals of Islamic Law. It is hoped that, besides the academic community, other researchers and those interested in the topic will benefit from it, as well.
The Islamic Research Foundation of Astan Quds Razavi