We have many Hadeeths guiding couples about this issue.
1. It is always recommended to be with Wudhu before going for intercourse with your spouse. In general, Wudhu is always recommended in any case.
2. Recommended times for intercourse include the night of Thursday ( Laylatul Jumu'ah) and first night of the Month of Ramadhan.
3. It is Makrouh ( disliked) to go for that during eclipse and on the last night of every lunar month, and first night of every lunar month except the month of Ramadhan.
4. It is recommended for spouses to prepare themselves for that whenever the other spouse wants it.
5. It becomes obligatory for the wife to fulfill the need of her husband when he needs her for intimate relationship as far as she has no valid reason e.g. religious like menstruation or health reason to refuse.
6. It is Makrouh, but not Haraam, for the husband to look at the private part of his wife. We have in our narrations that it can harm the eye sight of the child who can be conceived from that intercourse.
7. It is recommended to say Bismillah and pray to Allah to grant you blessed child.
8. It is Makrouh for each of them to use same piece of tissue or napkin which was used by the other spouse to wipe the private parts. The narrations mentioned that using same tissue or napkin can create bad feelings or dislike ness between them.
9. It is recommended for both spouses and mainly the husband to spend enough time in foreplay with his wife before the intercourse.
10. It is recommended for both of them to try to please the other as much as possible, and not look for his or her own enjoyment ignoring the other.
11. It is mentioned in the Hadeeths that spouses should avoid letting their voice during sexual relation reach to any one else specially the children. Narrations mentioned that child hearing the voice of his parents while sex can be in the future a sinner of fornication.
12. It is recommended to avoid facing the direction of Qibla during sex.
13. It is recommended to perform Ghusl of Janabah after sexual intercourse before sleeping or eating or drinking. If Ghusl is not possible,then Tayammum can be performed till Ghusl is possible.
14. It Makrouh to speak more than required while sexual intercourse. The narrations mentioned that it can result in a dumb child.
These are few points in this subject.