Authenticity is the main criteria.
1. You have come to Islam (By the Grace of Allah) because it is the most authentic religion conveying the message from God Almighty to all human beings.
2. You believe now in Quran being the most authentic, unchanged text from Good.
3. You need to follow the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him and his Progeny) to understand and follow the real message of Islam.
4. There are different narrations claimed to be from the Prophet(SAWA) and these different narrations are the reason of different sects among Muslims, and you need to follow the most authentic narrations.
5. No one among Muslim Ummah is more authentic and more knowledgeable about Quran and Real Sunnah than Ahlul Bat (AS). Following Ahlul Bayt (AS) means following the Original Islam which was preached and practiced by the Prophet (SAWA) before the formation of the Sunni sects (the earliest Sunni sect which is existing today is Hanafi sect of Abu Hanifa who was born seven decades after the demise of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWA). None of the leaders of Sunni sects ever met the Prophet (SAWA) while Ahlul Bayt (AS) where living with the Prophet (SAWA) day and night and knew from him each and every fact about Quran and Sunnah.
6. If you search for the most authentic teachings of Islam The Original, you will never find it but only with Ahlul Bayt (The Holy Progeny of The Prophet (SAWA).
7. With due resect to all Muslim sects as all of the followers of Islamic sects are Muslims like us, but the Pure, Unchanged , Most authentic teachings of he Prophet (SAWA) are with his own Holy Progeny Ahlul Bayt (AS).
8. Any one who tells you something different is invited to open debate supported by evidence from Shia and Sunni books.
9. We will prove from Sunni main books that following Ahlul Bayt (AS) has been the order Allah and the Prophet to all Muslims.
10. If someone tells you to follow the numerical majority of Muslims, you should tell them that Quran never praised the numerical majority but the followers of The Truth even if they are in minority in numbers. Today, the majority of human population is Nin Muslims and Muslims are in minority but does not mean that Islam is wrong.
11. Allah (SWT) says in Quran (If you obey the majority of people of the earth, they will misguide you away from the way of Allah. (Sura Al-An'aam, Verse 116).
12. Please do not hesitate to ask or reflect any question from you or those who talk to you in this regard. May Allah (SWT) guide you and keep you always on the Right Path of he Prophet and his Ahlul Bayt (AS).