Sayyed Mohammad Al-Musawi, Sayyed Mohammad al-Musawi is originally from Iraq and heads up the World Ahlul Bayt Islamic League in London. Other than being involved in various humanitarian projects, he frequently responds to... Answer updated 1 month ago

Khums is not our money and it is not like charity which we have the choice to whom we give. Khums is the right of others which is an Amanah with us which we must give it to its owners. Half of the Khums is called Sahm e Sadat which is the right of needy Sadat believers, and the other half is called Sahm e Imam which should be given to deputy of the Imam (AS) who is the Marje’ of Taqleed.

‘If your needy relatives are Sadat, then you can give them from Sahm e Sadat. If they are not Sadat, then you need to seek permission from the Marje’ of Taqleed to give part of the Sahm e Imam to your needy relatives.