Du’a al-Iftitah is one of the most important supplications narrated from Ahlul Bayt (AS). Our great scholars and pious believers recite it during the month of Ramadan.
1. It has been narrated in Kitab al-Tahtheeb by al-Shaikh al-Toosi in the Du’as of Month of Ramadhan, Hadeeth number 38 as a Saheeh narration from Ali ibn Ri’aab from Imam Musa ibn Jafar (AS).
2. It has been narrated also in al-Shaikh al-Toosi in his well known book Al-Misbaah ( Misbaah al-Mutahajjid).
3. Ibn Tawoos narrated Du’a al-Iftitah in his book al-Iqbaal from Kitab Abi Qurrah narrated from Muhammad Ibn Uthman the second Safeer of Imam Al-Mahdi (AS).
4. Ibn Tawoos narrated this Du’a in his book Muhammad al-Da’awaat from Imam Musa Ibn Jafar (AS).
5. The content and the structure of the words of the Du’a is a very clear evidence that it has come from the Infallible Imams (AS).