Regarding the Islamic etiquette of cutting nails, here are some points to consider:
1. It is recommended to cut nails on Fridays, and it is also the best day to do so.
2. Other days that have been mentioned as recommended days for cutting nails are Tuesday and Thursday.
3. If you do cut your nails on a Wednesday, start with your right pinky nail, and end with your left pinky nail.
4. It is very detested to chew on nails, or cut nails with teeth.
5. When you cut your nails, say:
بِسْمِ اللّهِ وَبِاللّهِ وَعَلى سُنَّةِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ
6. You should throw your nails outside, or bury them outside.
7. It is recommended for women to grow their nails, as it is a form of women's zeenah.
8. As for some narrations that speak about it being bad cutting on Wednesday, I was not about to trace the authenticity of this statement.
And Allah knows best