1. Controlling our bad behaviour needs reasonable will power based on the facts of the harm and damage of such behaviour, and the benefits of good behaviour.
2. We need to see how harsh behaviour makes the person unliked even by his own family members, while good behaviour makes the person liked by almost all people who know him.
3. It is good to recite Quranic Du'a for making our chest pleasant and not narrow. ( RABBI ESHRAH LI SADRI WA YASSIR LI AMRI) رب اشرح لي صدري ويسر لي أمري
4. It is mentioned in books of Akhlaq that when a person becomes angry, he should look at a mirror to see himself while being angry. He will see how ugly he looks when he is angry and this can cool him down and make him avoid being angry.
5. It is also mentioned in many Hadeeths to deal with people in the same way which you want them to deal with you. Bad behaviour from you with others can never be accepted by you if it comes from others to you.
6. Repeating Estighfaar and Salawaat and LA HAWLA WALA QOWWATA ILLA BILLAH is very useful to make our Akhlaq better if we recite it with understanding specially during the night and more specifically during Sojood.
7. It is also good to remember the Hadeeth: Deal with people in a way that if you are away from them, they will long to meet you, or if you die, they will weep on you.
8. The Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) said: Best of you are the best to their family, and I am the best to my family.