Seyed Ali Shobayri,
Seyed Ali Shobayri is of mixed Iranian and Scottish descent who found the path of the Ahlul Bayt (a) by his own research. He holds a BA in Islamic Studies from Middlesex University through the Islamic College of London. He also studied at the Hawza Ilmiyya of England and continues Hawza and Islamic studies with private teachers.
Sayyed Mohammad Al-Musawi,
Sayyed Mohammad al-Musawi is originally from Iraq and heads up the World Ahlul Bayt Islamic League in London. Other than being involved in various humanitarian projects, he frequently responds to religious questions. In the past, he has also spent significant time in India guiding the community.
Tayammum is the obligatory alternative instead of ghusl or wudhu in certain situations, like:
1. When there is not sufficient water for either ghusl or wudhu.
2. When there is sufficient water, but there may be a barrier to getting, or using it.
3. When there may be a possibility that using water for ghusl or wudhu might deplete your supply of water, so much so that there may not be sufficient quantity of water to quench one’s thirst, including members of your family, relatives, community and even the livestock.
4. When there is not enough time to perform ghusl and pray an obligatory prayer in full and within its time.
5. When obtaining water could lead to putting oneself in an untenable situation.
6. When water has changed in both colour and property to the extent that you find yourself in real in a state of revulsion when using it.
7. When your responsibility is to use the limited quantity of water to remove the najasah from the mosque.
8. When you fear you become sick if you use water for ghusl or wudhu, or if using water could worsen your ill health. However, this should be the case when the matter does not come under the subject of wiping (mas’h) over a jabirah (lit. splint: a generic name used for any form of dressing any part of the body after injury or illness), especially when there is a risk of worsening the condition of the injury or ailment if the dressing is removed, and the part of the body is not among that which is covered by the ruling concerning.
“Tayammum is obligatory to be performed instead of wodu’ or ghusl in seven circumstances:
1. Unavailability of water
2. Excused for not being able to reach water
3. Use of water constitutes harm
4. Fear of thirst
5. Scarcity of water for washing
6. Non-permissibility of use of water
7. Time being too short”
May Allah grant you success