Hindus (Hindustani: [ˈɦɪndu] (listen)) are persons who regard themselves as culturally, ethnically, or religiously adhering to aspects of Hinduism. Historically, the term has also been used as a geographical, cultural, and later religious identifier for people living in the Indian subcontinent.The historical meaning of the term Hindu has evolved with time. Starting with the Persian and Greek references to the land of the Indus in the 1st millennium BCE through the texts of the medieval era, the term Hindu implied a geographic, ethnic or cultural identifier for people living in the Indian subcontinent around or beyond the Sindhu (Indus) river.
It depends whether the food is Najis or not. Najis food is not permissible to consume whether from a Muslim or non Muslim. Najis food means any food which was touched with wetness by a non Muslim (except People of Book according to some Maraaji').
If you know that the food is Najis, it will be not permissible for you to eat it at all.
1. When you know that Allah does not allow any marriage between a Muslim female and a non Muslim man and you write that "you feel that you went against Allah", you must repent and seek forgiveness and come back to Allah and never insist on doing wrong.
2. If you can convince the man and explain to him how to become a Muslim, then you need to recite a marriage agreement (Nikah) between you and him after becoming a Muslim in his heart.
3. If he refuses to become a Muslim, then there is no way that you can remain with him.
4. You must save yourself and your future from sinful acts.
That is their claim and they should be asked to present an authentic evidence not only from their books but from a neutral source.
Quran mentioned the oldest religious texts including the scriptures of Ebraheem صُحُف إبراهيم. Sura 87, verse 30.
Islam is the religion of all the prophets as Allah says: Surely, the religion with Allah is Islam (Submitting to the will of Allah).
Ebraheem was a Muslim as we read in Quran: Ebraheem was neither a Jew nor a Nazareth but a dedicated Muslim. (Sura 3, verse 67).
There is an article entitled 'The Implications of Unbelief: Tracing the Emergence of Distinctly Shi'i Notions Regarding the Food and Impurity of Non-Muslims', by David Freidenreich, published in 'Islamic Law and Society', Vol. 18, published by Brill. This traces the development of Shi'i fiqh, and makes the point that the particular development of these rules developed in the 5th/11th century; i.e. the matter was much less clear prior to this era. It would require a study of the socio-political background to the development of this fiqh, in order to understand further what brought about this development. There are also a number of contradictory narrations in Shi'i sources regarding these rulings. Incidentally, Hindus also have rulings on purity with regard to non-Hindus.
We are not allowed to eat non Halal meat. We must be sure that it is Halal.
Vegetarian food is allowed if it is not been touched with wetness by Mushrik or Kafir.
If vegetarian food Is brought to you by a Muslim who knows and cares for Islamic rules, you don't need to inquire unless you have reason to doubt.
Muslim is allowed to study any system of medicine as far as it is a medical science with out any additional non medical opinions. Non Muslims' opinions are not part of the medicine but their way in understanding or dealing with it. We study the medical science and leave the non Muslim myths. Our Muslim history has evidence that we take medical knowledge and other worldly sciences from any expert being Muslim or non Muslim. No doubt, we have great treasure of medical knowledge in thousands of narrations and sayings of the Prophet (SAWA) and Ahlul Bayt (AS). That does not stop us from studying any other source of medical knowledge.
This is unacceptable. Whatever the family's religion may be, Muslims must honour and respect their families. Your wife has no right to do this.
If she has certain concerns, you should address them. There might be something she has seen, like abuse, or intimidation, or trying to brainwash your son, etc... Try to pinpoint what the dispute is about, and deal with it.
But if it is just because she has no respect for your family, this does not give her the right to deprive her son of visiting or being with his grandparents and family.
With prayers for your success.
Thank you for your question. They will be considered Shia.
May you always be successful
Also, some other good ways to learn about Islam are:
* Reading the Qur'an. I recommend The Study Quran by S. H. Nasr. (You may wish to skip the commentary as the commentary is long but the Quran is not too long)
* Reading books about Islam (whatever is of interest)
* Watching videos about Islam. The Youtube channel called Ahlulbayt Tv has good quality videos.
* Sometimes it is nice to see how individuals understand their own faith. There is a nice book called Muslims of the World: Portraits and Stories which talks about different Muslims and their lives and how that relates to their faith; it also has a lot of nice pictures.
* If you end up having a strong interest in religion, you could always pursue courses in religious studies at the university (either as a major or just something to do on the side) or, if you are in a country where you have A-levels, during A-levels.
Learning about Islam, or any other religion, does not require you to give up your own religion, although it is always good to continually reflect on what is true!
Islam is the true message from The Creator, God Almighty to all creatures. Islam is The Truth about everything in existence including The Creator, the creation, life, universe, and hereafter.
Please feel free to ask any question you may have. Islam is the faith and religion of truth which has answer to every question.
May God guide you to The Truth and help you to know His message to you and all human beings and grant you strength to follow His teachings which will make your life enlightened with light of the Truth.
This question should come from the concerned government and the reply depends on the sect that they follow. In general, non Muslims living under Muslims rule have their freedom of worshiping provided it does not propagate among Muslims, polytheism or any anti Islam ideas.
New Muslim is allowed to keep his non Muslim name as far as it does not mean something wrong.