Taqwa (تقوى taqwā / taqwá ) is an Islamic term for being conscious and cognizant of God, of truth, of the rational reality, "piety, fear of God". It is often found in the Quran. In spiritual terminology, piety is a virtue which may include religious devotion, spirituality, or a mixture of both. A common element in most conceptions of piety is humility.
These are few practical steps which can add to our Taqwa (Piousness):
1. Asking yourself before any act or word whether Allah (SWT) likes it or not? That is the best degree of remembering Allah (SWT) along with continuous remembering him in our heart and tongue.
2. Reciting Quran and Du'a with understanding and pondering and gifting its reward to Imam Al-Mahdi (AS).
3. Performing Nawaafil prayers especially Night Prayer ( SALAT ALLAYL or NAMAZ E SHAB) every night.
4. Talking to Imam e Zaman (AS) every day and night as he listens to us and responds to the pious believers.
5. Gifting the reward of all our good deeds to Imam Al-Mahdi and all Ahlul Bayt (AS) which will not only multiply our reward, but also make us more near to them.
6. Having best Akhlaq (Manners) with parents, relatives especially your family members and with all people.
7. Being with Wudhu all the times as much as you can.
8. Trying to strengthen our will power by avoiding evil desires and performing good acts even if it can look like difficult like fasting, charity,etc. We need to control our desires and never allow our desires to control us.
9. Helping needy people in any possible way for the sake of Allah (SWT).
10. Trying to make believers happy by respecting them, caring for them, smiling in their faces and in any other act of generosity and kindness to them or their families.
11. Performing obligatory Prayers on time with out any delay. Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) performs every Prayer on time, so, your praying on time will make your Prayers elevated to Allah (SWT) with the Prayer of Imam Al-Mahdi (AS).
12. Keep your most important supplication and wish, the reappearance of Imam Al-Mahdi (AS) and sincerely pray for him more than praying for yourself and your family.
Thank you for your question. God-consciousness is a spiritual state which arises from the recognition of God within a person's being. As such God-consciousness is individual. It is true that if many individuals in a society are God-conscious then the society as a whole will benefit, but godly individuals have rarely had the luxury of such an environment.
The way to strengthen God-consciousness is through useful knowledge and action, trust in God, and a positive outlook in all that concerns Him. Taking time to reflect on how to build your relationship with God and the Infallibles (as) and continually taking positive steps towards that goal.
May you always be successful.
Imamah is mentioned in many verses in Quran including this verse (2:177). Imamah ( Divine leadership of Islam and Muslims after the Prophet) is mentioned as part and parcel in the faith in The prophets. Believing in the greatest prophet Muhammad means believing in each and every order he gave, and he clearly announced in front of thousands of Muslims ( For whom who believe in me as his master, Verily Ali is his master. ( Bukhari in al-Tareekh al-Kabeer, V.1, P.375 and V.4, P. 193) and hundreds of other Sunni books.
There are thousands of authentic Hadeeths in all main books of Hadeeth ordering Muslims to follow Imam Ali being the real successor of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWA).
Those who believe in Muhammad as a Prophet from Allah, must obey him and follow his real successors about whom he clearly said: My successors will be twelve, all of them will be from Quraish. (Saheeh Bukhari;6682, Saheeh Muslim ;3393, Musnad ibn Hanbal;3593, Tirmithi; 2149, al-Mustadrak Alal- Saheehain ;6586 and many other books of Hadeeth).
This is a question which can have many answers. In addition to the other answers given, you could:
* Be sure to pray all your salat. Regular salat makes a person mindful of God and makes a person embarrassed to do things that would displease God.
* Try to minimize exposure to things that would be ethically harmful to you (in-person, television, or social media). Go on an "information diet" - that is, be conscious of how what you are taking in is affecting you, and as much as possible choose the media that you feel makes you a better person.
* Try to spend some time regularly in the company of believers, as it strengthens and refreshes the soul.
Gaining knowledge is key because it brings you closer to the Creator by making you more aware. We must also join this with seeking help of Allah through supplication asking Him to allow us to put the knowledge we learn into practice.