The heart is a muscular organ in most animals, which pumps blood through the blood vessels of the circulatory system. Blood provides the body with oxygen and nutrients, as well as assisting in the removal of metabolic wastes. In humans, the heart is located between the lungs, in the middle compartment of the chest.In humans, other mammals, and birds, the heart is divided into four chambers: upper left and right atria and lower left and right ventricles.
Thank you for your question. Having complete concentration in every prayer is a station that takes time and much effort to arrive at. It is a journey that has many aspects to it, and it cannot be rushed. Here are a few basic aspects that can be started with:
1) know the meaning of what you are saying
2) create conditions which aid concentration such as praying in a quite place and without being in any kind of rush to do something else straight after
3) know the philosophy of why you are praying and pray out of understanding rather than routine
4) work on a natural type of concentration and do not rush to force a concentration that is solely a facet of the mind. There are other states in prayer that are the cause for absorption.
5) work on purifying the self and experiencing God's presence at all times.
6) try to not pray on a full stomach or when you need the bathroom
May you always be successful
Major signs of healthy heart include:
1. Loving Allah (SWT) more than anything or anyone else. In Quran (And the believers love Allah more )(2: 165). Loving Allah (SWT) makes the believer love what Allah wants and keep away from what Allah dislikes.
2. Feeling the taste of talking to Allah in Prayers and supplications as well as the taste of listening to Allah in reciting or listening to Quran. Nothing more tasteful than talking to the Most beloved and listening to His Words.
3. Enjoying performing the Prayers because it is a direct contact with Allah (SWT). Beside the obligatory Prayers, performing the recommended Prayers like Nawaafil and Night Prayers is a sign of healthy heart.
4. Loving Allah's most beloved ones who are the prophets and Infallible Imams, more than loving ourselves and our families.
5. Loving all the creatures of Allah and feeling sympathy to them except the enemies of Allah (SWT).
Dead heart does affect your intellect because it affects your soul and brain and way of thinking and your lifestyle. Dead heart disturbs the whole life in every dimension, that is why it is crucial to do everything possible to clarify the heart and remove the blots of sinful acts from it by repeating Estighfaar and performing the obligatory duties and avoiding the sins.
Repeated sins with out seeking forgiveness cause seal on the heart. Every sinful act causes a blot on the heart which can be removed by sincerely seeking forgiveness. When the sinful deeds are repeated, the black blots cover the heart and seal it. The person with sealed heart does not feel the taste of Prayers or Du'a or Quran etc. Sealed heart is like a dead heart.
Removing the seal from the heart is always possible if the person is really willing and ready to act to remove the seal. It starts with sincere repentance and seeking forgiveness and establishing a firm decision not to commit the sins again.
Repeating Estighfaar, with deep feeling of sorrow for committing the sinful acts, is very important in this regard.
Returning back the rights to the victims is also very important.
Performing all Prayers on time as well as reciting Quran, Du'a, Ziyarat Ashura, Night Prayer is very helpful.
The difference between the heart قلب and the breast or chests صدور in Quran has been discussed by many scholars of Tafseer. We see some non Shia scholars claim that there is no difference between heart and breast. We can not accept this opinion because of the clear mention of hearts and breasts in the same Quranic verses which must mean a difference in the meanings.
Among many opinions, we can say that the breast or chest is wider than the heart and it is effected by the state of mind and feeling of comfort or discomfort. That is why we read the supplication of prophet Moses (AS): O my Lord, extend my breast (Taha: 25).
The heart is our inner which is the origin of our intentions, while the breast is effected also by outside reasons and factors which make us feel comfortable or otherwise. That is why we read in Sura Al-Inshiraah how Allah (SWT) tells His Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) mentioning His bounties on him: Did not We extend your breast? ألم نشرح لك صدرك which means that Allah (SWT) Has granted him this bounty of making his breast big and extended.
In Quran we read about Quran that it is : Cure for what is in the breasts وشفاء لما في الصدور (Younus : 57). What is in breasts can be a mixture of our feelings and our thinking and reactions to other factors surrounding us.
No doubt, heart is the Centre of the breast (Hearts inside the breasts) (ولكن تعمى القلوب التي في الصدور) )(Verily, it is not the eyes that grow blind, but it is the hearts which are inside the breasts that grow blind) Al-Hajj : 46.