Salah ("worship", صلاة; pl. صلوات ṣalawāt; also salat), or namāz (Persian: نَماز) in some languages, is one of the Five Pillars in the faith of Islam and an obligatory religious duty for every Muslim (Male & Female, with certain exemptions based on Taqwa). It is a physical, mental, and spiritual act of worship that is observed five times every day at prescribed times.
The time of Zohr and Asr Prayer ends on the sunset.
The specific time for the nafilah of fajr is entering of fajr time, which in this example would be from 6:10. So, you should pray nafilatul-subh at 6:10, and then pray salat al-subh after that.
And Allah knows best.
You must be more than careful when talking with or about your parents and must avoid uttering any word which can make them feel disrespected.
If your father is unwell and needs to be reminded, you should be very very polite and very nice in your attitude with him.
1. Clothes or items which were been purchased using money which was earned and remained with you for one year or more and you did not pay Khums of that remaining money. When Khums was obligatory on an amount, it remains obligatory on any item been purchased using that money which is a Khums non-paid money. If you are sure that you purchased any cloth or item using such Khums-non-paid money, you must pay the Khums on the original amount of the purchase, not the current value.
2. Clothes or items which you did not use for one year or more, Khums becomes obligatory on it or it's current value which can be less that the original value.
3. There is no Khums on clothes or items which you purchased from your earnings during the same year of earning as far as you use them and did not leave using them for one year.
4. There is no Khums on clothes or items for lawful use purchased using saved money out of which was Khums paid.
Alhamdulilah you have read about the incident of Ghadir and May Allah swt guide you to accept the divine authority of Imam Ali (as).
Firstly after becoming Shia, you will need to refer to the jurists who specialise in ahkaam or the Islamic laws. You will find some of the experts who say it is allowed to pray behind a Sunni imam provided that you recite the surahs yourself; others will say you can only do so out of taqiya (when one fears for their life & must conceal their faith).
Then you’ll find scholars who will say that one cannot pray behind a Sunni imam at all due to justice being one of the conditions as well as it being crucial that one prays correctly. Unfortunately our brothers who refer to themselves as Sunnis, perform both their salah and wudu in the incorrect way.
So when you choose a marja then you may check their ruling.
About the Sahaba, one can only respect the Sahaba who were PROVEN in history to be loyal to both the prophet Mohammad & his Ahlul Bayt (peace be upon them all). In other cases we may assume the best of those Sahaba who have nothing bad reported about them in history.
It has been proven from the Quran and hadiths of both sects, that there existed many hypocrites among the Sahaba. In the authentic sources of the sect who refers to itself as ahlus sunnah, you’ll find the prophet Mohamamd (sawa) clearly saying that among his companions were hypocrites therefore, how can one respect all Sahaba?
For example, can one love Muawiyah who encouraged people to curse & insult Imam Ali?! Of course not! Therefore one would have to disassociate from such people despite them being 'companions'.
Can one love Umar who threatened to burn down the house of Fatima Al-Zahra (as) and imam Ali (as)?
As for those companions who are proven praise worthy, then you may show your love towards them.
If you research the above matters you will find various sources which mention the points I have summarised.
May Allah grant you success
Neither washing nose is obligatory in Wudhu nor washing mouth. Both of them are just recommended and not obligatory. Washing head or feet in Wudhu is wrong because you should wipe over them and not wash them.
If you are sure that your Wudhu was invalid, you need to perform it properly and re do the prayers which were done with wrong Wudhu.
If the time remaining for the Prayer is very short that if you don't hurry up, you will or might miss performing the Prayer within its time, then you must hurry up to perform the Prayer within its time. If the sunrise is very near and you need to perform your Morning Prayer, you must do everything possible to perform it before sunrise. No doubt, you must perform all the obligatory acts and recitations of Salat, but don't spend time in recommended acts or recommended recitations which might make you miss performing the Prayer before sunrise.
Even reciting a Sura after Sura Al Hamd cab be dropped if there is no time for it before sunrise.
If there is an emergency like saving life or urgent help required, you can also hurry up. In fact we are allowed to terminate Salat to save life.
We should not hurry up in our Salat for any worldly matter. The Hadeeth says: No work can succeed before performing the obligatory Salat.
Speedy Salat for worldly reason is very bad and it is from the acts of hypocrites and sinners. The Prophet (SAWA) said when he saw a person who was praying speedy Salat: If this person dies with such Salat, will not die in my religion.
Assuming you would have naturally experienced one of the signs of ritual maturity, or bulugh, you become mukallaf. For a boy, these signs are:
1. Having a wetdream.
2. Growth of coarse pubic hair in private parts.
3. Reach age of 15 full lunar years.
As a result, it would be wajib for you to pray, and so if you know you did not pray for about two months, you are able to perform them as qadha`.
And Allah knows best.
congregational prayers are much more better than praying alone. The reward of praying in congregation is many folds more which can be hundreds or thousands of times.
Congregational prayer has conditions including the conditions of the Imam of Jama'at. Woman can lead women only in prayers and she should stand in the first row with other women and not to stand ahead of them.
It is obligatory on every Muslim to perform every obligatory Salat within its designated time. Salat Al-Fajr (Morning Prayer) is being neglected by many persons now a days because of the timing of the office hours and Business hours which made many people don’t get up for morning prayers. This cannot be an excuse at all because the Fajr prayer is obligatory under every circumstance. The narration from the Prophet (Peace and Blessings be upon Him and His Holy Progeny) that the person who sleeps and does not perform morning prayer will be called from the sky “O Looser”.
These are some steps which can help the person who wants to perform morning prayers in time:
1) To avoid sleeping late and try to sleep early to have enough hours of rest than get up fresh for morning prayer
2) Avoiding overeating specially before sleeping as overeating can make the person heavy and not able to get up for morning prayer
3) A firm decision in the heart with string will power to get up for morning prayer. This decision will help the person to get up as the narration from Imam Jafar Al-Sadiq (A.S.) said “No body is weak when the will power is Strong”
4) Reciting Quranic verses which are the Last Verses in Surat Al-Kahf ( QUL INNAMA ANA BASHARUN MITHLOKUM YOUHA ILAYYA ANNAMA ILAAHUKUMBILAAHUN WAAHIDI FAMAN KANA YARJOO LIQAA'A RABBIHI FALYA'MAL 'AMALAN SAALIHAN WALA YUSHRIK BI'BAADATI RABBIHI AHADA) . It is very useful to help the people who wants to get up.
5) Avoiding the posh bed which makes you sleep more. Try to sleep on a bed which does not make you sleep more than what you need.
6) Trying to get the help of your family members or friends to call you or knock on your door or awake you up for the morning prayer.
7) Using the Alarm in every possible way and now a days you can even use the voice of Adhaan (Azan) that will be in your room which might help you to get up for morning prayer.
8) Before going to bed, repeat “Astaghferullah Astaghferullah Astaghferullah” that will help in omitting the sins because one of the bad effects of the sinful act is to make the body lazy and away from worshipping Allah. Those who commit sins and don’t seek forgiveness will fell very heavy when the time of Salatul Laly comes or even the time of Salatul Fajr also comes.
9) Remembering the great reward of Performing the Morning Prayer as the Hadeeth from The Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon Him and His Holy Progeny) says that the morning prayer is better than whole world “Rak'ata al-Fajr Khairun minad Duniya wa ma Fiha”
10) Remember that performing Salat al-Fajr increases your income and not performing it decreases the income and can cause poverty or financial hardships.
Yes. Good deeds especially to parents and relatives prolong lifespan and bad deeds especially against parents and relatives decreases lifespan. In general, good deeds and bad deeds have direct effect on our life quality and lifespan.
The main requirements for the Imam of Jama'ah are:
1. He be well versed in the rulings of fiqh and prayer in particular.
2. A man of piety and righteousness, with inner taqwa, high moral standards, and 'adalah, which means he does not commit regular sin.
3. His pronunciation and recitation is accurate.
4. Other things mentioned in the fiqh books.
If there are numerous people who broadly have these main requirements, then the person who is more learnt, or with more taqwa, or better recitation, is presented as the Imam Jama'ah.
And Allah knows best.