Abbas Di Palma, Shaykh Abbas Di Palma holds a BA and an MA degree in Islamic Studies, and certifications from the Language Institute of Damascus University. He has also studied traditional Islamic sciences in... Answered 3 years ago

If a Muslim woman is in need of marriage and has found a person religiously suitable for her, and there is no other man to propose her while her father/wali unreasonably doesn't consent to the marriage, she can refer the case to an Islamic authority and marry without her father/wali's consent. Some scholars hold the opinion that a "legally mature woman" (rashidah) is not in need of her father/wali's consent although such view is not agreed upon.

With prayers for your success.