1. Imam Ali (AS) did not marry any woman when his wife Lady Fatima Al-Zahra (AS) was alive.
2. After the martyrdom of Fatima Al-Zahra (AS), and according her will, Imam Ali (AS) got married with Umamah Bint Abi Al-Aas, who was daughter of Zainab, one of the three fostered daughters of the Prophet Muhammad (SAWA).
Umamah remained with Imam Ali (AS) till his martyrdom.
3. Asmaa’ Bint Omais who was widow of Jafar Ibn Abi Talib, then was married under duress to Abu Bakr ibn Abi Quhafah of the Saqeefa. She had from Abu Bakr a son called Muhammad Ibn Abi Bakr, who was brought up by Imam Ali (AS) and became one of the best of his followers.
4. Ummul Banin Bint Hizaam al-Kalbiyyah, mother of the great Saheed Abul Fadhl Al-Abbas and his three brothers who were martyred in Karbala.
5. Layla Bint Masood.
6. Um Sa’eed Bint Orwa al-Thaqafi.
7. Khawlah Bint Jafar ibn Qays.
8. Al-Sahbaa’ Bint Rabee’ah.
9. Mihyaat Bint Emri’ Al-Qays.