The Division of Nouns Into Masculine and Feminine
56. What is a masculine noun?
57. What is a feminine noun?
58. What gender to non-living objects have?
59. What are the signs of feminine nouns?
56. A masculine noun is a noun that denotes a male human or animal. For example: ﺃبٌ ﺃسَدٌ(a lion, a father)
57. A feminine noun is a noun that denotes a female human or animal. For example: اُمّ لَبوَةٌ (a lioness, a mother)
58. Non living objects are:
• Always masculine; for example: قَمَرٌ سَیفٌ (a moon, a sword)
• Always feminine; for example: شَمسٌ عَینٌ (a sun, an eye)
59. There are three signs of a feminine noun:
• The ة ; for example: کاذِبَة (a female liar)
• The ی ; for example: کُبریَ (a female name)
• The اء ; for example: حَسناء (a beautiful woman)