The Division of Nouns Into Definite and Indefinite
70. What is an indefinite noun?
71. What is a definite noun?
72. How many kinds of definite nouns are there?
70. An indefinite noun is a noun that does not denote something specific, for example: قَلَمٌ ﺇنسَانٌ (a pen, a human)
71. A definite noun is a noun that denotes something specific, for example: هَذا القَلَمُ (this pen)
72. There are six types of definite nouns: pronouns, proper nouns, demonstrative pronouns, conjunctions, definite by alif-lām and prefixed nouns.