1. Whoever is haughty with his brothers, nobody will be sincere with him.
1ـ مَنِ اسْتَطالَ عَلَى الإخْوانِ لَمْ يَخْـلُصْ لَهُ إنْسانٌ.
2. Whoever is haughty with people because of his authority, his authority will get stripped away.
2ـ مَنِ اسْتَطالَ عَلَى النّاسِ بِقُدْرَتِهِ سُلِبَ القُدْرَةُ.
3. Haughtiness is the language of error and ignorance.
3ـ اَلاِسْتِطالَةُ لِسانُ الغِوايَةِ والجَهالَةِ.
4. Do not be haughty with the one whom you have not enslaved.1
4ـ لاتَسْتَطِلْ عَلى مَنْ لاتَسْتَرِقَّ.
- 1. Meaning that one should not be haughty with those who are not his slaves.