Sense Of Honour And Possessiveness
Sense of Honor And Possessiveness1-الغيرة
1. Beware of being possessive in a situation where it is not required, for verily this will lead the soul that is sound to become sick and the one that is innocent [and calm] into suspicion [and uneasiness].
1ـ إيّاكَ والتَّغايُـرَ في غَيْرِ مَوْضِعِهِ، فَإنَّ ذلِكَ يَدْعُو الصَّحِيحَةَ إلَى السَّقَمِ، والبَريئَةَ إلَى الرَّيْبِ.
2. The proof of a man’s sense of honour is his chastity.
2ـ دَلِيلُ غَيْرَةِ الرَّجُلِ عِفَّتُهُ.
3. A man’s sense of honour is faith.
3ـ غَيْرَةُ الرَّجُلِ إيمانٌ.
4. The possessiveness of a woman is transgression.
4ـ غَيْرَةُ المَرْأةِ عُدْوانٌ.
5. A man’s sense of honour is to the extent of his self-respect.
5ـ غَيْرَةُ الرَّجُلِ عَلى قَدْرِ أنَفَتِهِ.
6. The believer’s possessiveness is for [the sake of] Allah, the Glorified.
6ـ غَيْرَةُ المُؤمِنِ بِاللّهِ سُبْحانَهُ.
- 1. In the context of being possessive of one’s wife or the female members of one’s family such that no other man should look at them or have any contact with them as this would hurt one’s sense of honour.