In his sharh of al-Baghawi's Masabih al-Sunnah (MS. 60 in al-Maktabat al-Sulaymaniyyah, Istanbul, F. 340 b.)
In Lisan al-Arab, xi, 137, from Ibn Ishaq al-Azhari. A leading lexicographer and philologist.
274. Sadr al-Din Abu al-Majami’ Ibrahim ibn Muhammad ibn Muhammad ibn al-Mu’ayyad al-Hamawi (d. 722/1322).
In his Fara'id al-simtayn (ii, 250, 268, 272, 274) from Zayd ibn Arqam, Abu Sa’id al-Khudri, and Hudhayfah ibn Usayd. An eminent scholar.
In Takmilat Tafsir al-Razi. A leading jurist of his era. 1
In his Minhaj al-Sunnah, 105, from Sahih Muslim, where he tries to misinterpret its meaning.
In his tafsir, Lubab al-ta'wil, i, 328, vi, 102, vii, 6. A leading scholar and exegete. 2
In his Dustur al-haqa'iq from Zayd ibn Arqam, as mentioned by Malik al-’Ulama' al-Dawlatabadi in Hidayat al-su’ada', MS. A leading scholar.
In his Mishkat al-masabih, iii, 255, 258, from Zayd ibn Arqam and Jabir. An eminent scholar.
In his Tuhfat al-ashraf bi ma’rifat al-atraf from al-Tirmidhi, Muslim and al-Nasa'i. A leading scholar and writer. 3
In his Sharh al-Mishkat, MS. A leading scholar of his era. 4
In his al-Mafatih fi sharh al-Masabih, MS. A leading scholar. 5
In his exegesis al-Bahr al-muhit, i, 12. A leading scholar of his era. 6
As mentioned by al-Shaykhani al-Qadiri in al-Sirat al-sawi, MS. A leading scholar, historian, biographer, traditionist and an authority on rijal.
In his al-Jawhar al-naqi ‘ala Sunan al-Bayhaqi, vii, 31 (published with Sunan al-Bayhaqi, Hyderabad, India). An eminent scholar.
286. Jamal al-Din Muhammad ibn Yusuf ibn al-Hasan al-Zarandi al-Madani al-Ansari (d. after 750/1349).
In his Nazm Durar al-simtayn, 231-232, from Zayd ibn Arqam, Abu Sa’id and Jabir. An eminent scholar and writer.
In al-Najm al-thaqib fi ashraf al-manasib (F. 86, MS. 5883, Dar
al-Kutub al-Zahiriyyah, Damascus). An eminent scholar. 7
In his sharh of al-Baghawi's Masabih al-Sunnah (F. 356, MS. 59, al-Maktabat al-Sulaymaniyyah, Istanbul).
In al-Muntaqa fi sirat al-Musttafa. An eminent scholar and traditionist.
In his exegesis (v, 457; vi, 199, 200) and his work on history. A leading historian, exegete and legist.
In Kitab al-ilmam (Hyderabad, 1390), iii, 154.
In his Majm’ al-ahbab (MS. 2096 in al-Maktabat al-Sulaymaniyyah, Istanbul, F. 78) from Sahih Muslim. An exegete and legist.
In his al-Mawaddah fi al-qurba from Abu Sa’id and Jubayr ibn Mut’im. An eminent scholar.
In Risalah-ye Qiyafeh-nameh, as mentioned by al-Badakhshani in Jami’ al-salasil, MS. in the former's biographical account.
In Sharh al-Maqasid, ii, 221. A great scholar, grammarian, legist, exegete and mutakallim. 8
In his Mahasin al-azhar fi tafsil manaqib al-’itrat al-akhyar al-athar as mentioned by al-Allamah Muhammad ibn Isma’il al-Amir in al-Rawdat al-nadiyyah. An eminent scholar and legist.
- 1. Al-Asnawi, Tabaqat al-Shafi`iyyah, ii, 332; al-Suyuti, Husn al-muhaddarah, i, 424.
- 2. Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, al-Durar al-kaminah, ii, 79.
- 3. Al-Shawkani, al-Badr al-tali` Ii mahasin rnin ba`d al-qarn al-sabi`, ii, 352.
- 4. Al-Durar al-kaminah, ii, 68; Bughyat al-wi`at, 228; al-Badr al-tali`, i, 229.
- 5. Al-'Asnawi, Tabaqat al-Shafi`iyyah, i, 505.
- 6. Al-Wafi bi al-Wafayat, v, 267-283.
- 7. Al-Durar al-kaminah, ii, 113; Abna' al-ghumar, i, 249.
- 8. AlShawkani, al-Badr al-tali`, ii, 303.