There are so many Churches and denominations in Christianity that many church-goers are becoming confused as to where their true and absolute salvation lies. For example, the Roman Catholic Church claims direct successorship to Peter who was the closest disciple of Christ. By claiming this, they see and believe that other Churches and denominations have moved away from the doctrine of Christ.
Here I shall name a few Christian denominations and Churches and then we shall briefly describe the differences between them so that readers may have clear information about Christianity and its deviation from the man they call "Jesus Christ of Nazareth".
Christians are divided into the following Churches and denominations: ( 1) Roman & Anglo-Catholic Church (2) Pentecostal Church (3) The Church of the Later days Saints (Mormons) (4) Christian Science Church (5) Jehovah Witness Church (6) Church of Christ (7) Seventh Day Adventist Church (8) Lutheran Church (9) The Unification Church.
These nine Churches and denominations are followed by thousands of other small denominations. We are unable to name all of them in this small book. Why all of these denominations? The truth which Jesus Christ came to offer to this world is supposed to be One Truth.
If that is the reality, then we are not supposed to see different Churches or denominations which have different creeds and beliefs to such an extent that every one of these denominations represents its own independent beliefs, as if it is another form of Christianity, separate from the others.
From the tiny spark that Jesus Christ lit in Jerusalem, its light has covered the whole region throughout Egypt, Libya and the Mediterranean Sea and on to Greece, Rome, Italy and Spain.
During the first century of Christianity, Christians might have been asking, "Which is the true Church"? As we are witnessing a thousand and one Churches and Denominations, it would appear very difficult for the ordinary man to answer this question.
Yet, despite this and even though each local Church had its own structure and special organizational form, their members were all called Christians. They all considered themselves believers, living, working and passing out of this world as the followers of Christ.
But did they consider themselves to be one and all accepted by God? No! Could they be allowed to go to any Church congregational prayer they like? No! Then, simply they are not one but segregated into sects and denominations as you have seen and will see more in future pages.
Rome was an important center for the economic and political affairs of the world and due to this, the Christian Church in Rome was very strong in the fourth century of Christianity, especially when King Constantine had declared Christianity the official religion of the empire.
In the fifth century when Leo - the Bishop of Rome - commanded all Christians to obey the Bishop of Rome a dispute arose within Christianity especially in the eastern Churches surrounding Constantinople.
After this, there was a major difference between the Christians as the dispute between Eastern Churches and Western Churches intensified and a major break occurred in the year 1054 AD, when the Orthodox Eastern Churches rejected the authority of Pope Leo IX.
This split between the western and eastern Churches led Christians towards political and theological differences and in 1350 AD these Churches were completely different, having separate leadership and separate creeds and beliefs.
Strangely enough, during all of these disputes and differences between the followers of Christ, we did not see the Holy Ghost coming solve this massive problem that had led to the formation of all these denominations and Churches which, in fact were not unfavourable to both the Church and the Christians.
Another factor which contributed to division among the Christians was the contradictions found in the Bible which led some Christians to avoid them. Some others believed or accepted them and finally incorporated them as part of their beliefs. Distortions and changes in the Bible made by the Church Leaders and tampering with the scriptures contributed a lot towards dividing the Christians and the Church of Christ.
The Christians are proud that the Bible is their holy book and that from this holy Book comes the divine gift which is Salvation for the whole world through the blood of Jesus Christ. The Bible has been taken and believed, by the Christians worldwide, to be an inspired Book of God.
But the nature of the Bible proves that this book - even though it may contain some truth from Almighty God - also includes many fables and myths which logically and scientifically cannot be attributed to God. Serious contradictions which can be found easily in the Bible prove that this Book is not a perfectly God-inspired Book, instead contains human thoughts and errors.
As the Book could not save itself from those serious errors, it is obvious that this Book cannot offer any Salvation or any total solution for the problems of the world. Eventually, the Book will be only a source of division and catalyst for the formation of dissenting churches and denominations, as we continue to witness.
The Bible cannot give us all the truth or prevent our world from errors or bring peace of mind to the inhabitants of this planet. As the Salvation from the blood of Jesus which the Bible offers for the world is a slogan which came from a Book full of contradictions and errors, how could it then be regarded as the true and absolute solution for the sinners and the distraught?
God is against all types of evil and the true God must desire to stop all evil in the world. And if that God had sent His only Son, Jesus - as we are told by Christianity - then we should expect not to see these evils any more. But witnessing differences, disputes, division, disunity, separation and different creeds and Churches within the followers of the Bible is clear evidence that, the Bible did not bring Salvation for Mankind, but it brought dispute and as a result of this dispute,-many Churches and denominations have been established. Therefore, the Church Leaders who are responsible for alteration of the Scriptures are the only men to pay the price.
As the Western Church became strong, it began to adopt and add ·certain doctrines and beliefs whose origin cannot be found or traced in the Bible. Not everyone can agree with· these innovations and new teachings, after having understood that they were not supported by the Scripture.
Then, Martin Luther emerged in 1517 AD. Even though he did not intend to break away from the Catholic Church, he wanted to be a reformer following what he saw as new and innovative teachings they brought into Christianity. Luther took the Bible as the one and only authority but he was rejected and finally he and his followers were forced out of the Catholic Church.
This was the starting point of another division as three main branches were born, namely; Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox and Protestant Church. From these, many Churches and denominations came into being. And since then, there is serious and open enmity between these Christian sects and denominations. Not only do they hate each other, they do not even pray in one Church. As a result there are also different Churches belonging to different denominations as is well known.
The Roman Catholic leadership denies the validity of all Churches except its own which they allege by saying that: “…We know that, no other Church but the Catholic Church is the true Church of Christ…”. 1
Catholics are not encouraged to read the Bible much but their Church Leaders encourage them to be nourished by the so-called revealed truths of the Bible and ultimately to avoid any kind of disputes about the essential truths. Another important belief for them is that the Holy Spirit whom the majority of Christians believe to be their deliverer from their problems is ministering his work and directions through the Pope of Vatican.
Roman Catholic teachings are built on the basis that, "Lord made Simon Peter alone the Rock and the key bearer of the Church and appointed him shepherd of the whole flock" as it came in the Gospel saying: “…And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven…” Matt.16: 18;19.
However, I believe that there is clear doubt about these Roman Catholic claims. Peter has never been given a place of special authority by Jesus in the New Testament. The Master, Jesus Christ, had always treated all disciples as equal in authority and responsibility as shown in several verses of the Scripture.
We read in the Bible that: “…then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw him, they worshipped him, but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, all power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world, Amen...” Matt. 28:16-20.
Here, Jesus Christ has made all his disciples equal in authority and responsibility without favouring any of his disciples above the others. Also we see that in the so-called Church Council explained in the New Testament, we can observe that among the disciples and soon after the ascension of Jesus, James was the first man who started the work of building the Church of Christ among the Gentiles, not Peter.
That James was favoured with a special authority can be understood when we note that all the disciples held their silence when James spoke about his authority and confirmed it before all of the disciples saying: "…And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me, ... after this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David which is fallen down, and I will build gain the ruins thereof, and I will set it up..."Acts. 15:13; 16.2
We see James claiming his authority before all the disciples including Peter and no one among them had objected to his claims. Also, it is written that, Jesus was the foundation of the Church and not Peter. Peter himself said in 1 Peter. 2:4-8 that, "...Christ is the cornerstone of the Church…''.
And again in Ephesians. 2:20, we see Paul referring to Jesus Christ as a Chief and the cornerstone of the Church and not Peter as claimed by the Catholics as "…For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ…" 1Cor. 3:11.
How could he then be the rock and the foundation of the Church of Christ? Or how could Peter be the rock and the foundation of the Church while Jesus Christ said about him; "…Get thee behind me, Satan, thou art an offence unto me, for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men…" Matt.16:23.
Some Protestant scholars like Martin Luther and Calvin believed and taught the whole world that the word "Rock" used by Christ to Peter was not to be understood literally but metaphorically and thus the "rock" of which Jesus spoke was "Peter's confession of faith" and his devotion to Jesus.
Peter had just confessed about the true nature of Jesus and in responding to that confession, Jesus said "on this rock I will build my Church" and it is in this sense that, all who acknowledge Jesus are the real Church of Christ.
Apart from straying far from Biblical traditions by mixing of pagan customs and their Christian religious rituals, the Catholics acknowledge that their way of worship contains more than what was taught by Jesus Christ. In the Roman Catholic Church, God has little say over the authority of the Church itself.
In fact, it is as if He has been kept away in a very subtle way. There are many differences between the Catholics and the Protestants. We shall mention only a few of those, in the aspect of authority:
(1) The Protestants believe that the Bible is their sole guide and authority for faith and life as in 2 Tim. 3:16, but Catholics believe and consider the sacred Scriptures and the sacred traditions of the Church to be the sole authority for faith and life.
(2) The Protestants are free to read the Bible and interpret its meaning as in John. 5:39, with guidance from the Holy Spirit. But for the Roman Catholics, the interpretation of the Scripture is subject finally to the judgment of the Church which carries the divine mission and ministry of guarding and interpreting the Word of God.
(3) Protestants believe that no human being is infallible and only Christ is head of the Church which is his own body and structure as in Eph. 1:22 or Col. 1:18. But the Roman Catholics assert that when the Pope speaks "ex-cathedra" and from his Chair on matters of faith and morals, he as Vicar of Christ and a ruler of a visible Church on Earth is absolute, and an infallible man in all that he says.
(4) The Protestants in their creed say that God gives eternal life when the believer has faith in Jesus Christ as his Saviour. This has been explained in Rom. 3:24 and Rom. 10:9-10, but the Catholics believe that salvation is secured by faith plus good works as channeled through the Roman Catholic Church only and not by any other Church.
(5) The Protestants are assured of their salvation through Christ's work and the Cross of Calvary and finally by God's promises as it came in John 3:16 and in Acts. 2:21, but the Roman Catholics do not believe that they will ever know if they have accomplished enough to satisfy God and actually attain heaven. In addition to that, Catholics feel fortunate to have the assurance of purgatory where they can receive temporal punishment that purifies them for heaven.
And so, we still have to hang on waiting for the absolute solution. Is this truth with the Catholics or with the Protestants? Or is Jesus Christ going to accept all these denominations which have in fact inflicted a heavy confusion on Christianity? After all, we still are reading in the Bible that;"...God is not the author of confusion…'' 1 Cor.14:33.
The Holy Qur'an regards those serious differences within various denominations of Christianity as the divine chastisement from God after the Christians have rejected the truth of the religion of submission to One God taught and preached by both Jesus and Muhammad (S).
In this regard the Holy Qur'an says: "... And We have put enmity and hatred among them till the day of Resurrection; whenever they kindle afire for war Allah puts it out, and they strive to make mischief in the land and Allah does not love the mischief makers ... " (Holy Qur’an, 5:64)
All religions have, of course, some propaganda against other religions. The followers of a particular religion will argue and debate with the followers of another religion using common principles available in their religious scriptures simply because they will want to convince them of the authenticity or the correctness of their faith and beliefs.
But to propagate against other religion using accusations and speculations or false propaganda can never be accepted to be the right approach. This must not be tolerated, because forging lies itself is an offence, abomination and immoral in all religions of the world.
Recently, a friend of mine had posted an extract from a book written by the highest authority in the Roman Catholic world, His Holiness John Paul II.
This book contains some accusations and false propaganda against Islam and Prophet Muhammad, may the peace of Allah be on him and his family. Soon after the Pope had written and published his book in Europe, a Muslim who bought a copy at a book store in West Germany, wrote an open letter to His Holiness replying to his accusations and false propaganda against Islam and Muslims as contained in his book.
This Muslim also took the opportunity to educate His Holiness about the Qur'an and about God as viewed by the holy Qur'an.
But for the benefit of both Muslims and Christians in this region I shall here briefly inform you what His Holiness the Pope has recently misled the world by saying; "...the God of the holy Qur'an has been given the most beautiful names in the language of humankind, however, after all is said and done, we understand that, the God of the holy Qur’an is outside this world. He is a God who is just almighty but he is never with us or close to us...".
The above is a blasphemous "statement" made by His Holiness Pope John Paul II in his book. For a man who had never read the Holy Qur'an, the statement of His Holiness could be the only reality and an absolute truth.
But I call all who are in search of truth not to simply believe in the word of any human being without first verifying it. His Holiness knows the fact that the God as taught by the Holy Qur'an has never been far or outside our world. But he is afraid and scared lest his followers should convert to the truth and the light of Islam, which at this moment already attracts the minds of many European and American intellectuals.
And so for that reason and others which best-known to himself, the Pope must speak and write against Islam even by using lies and misleading statements. Here, I will bring to you some verses of the Holy Qur'an which describe God and His Divine Essence and His presence throughout His infinite existence which occupies and embraces all things under His Divine control and closeness.
(I) The Holy Qur'an, contrary to the Pope's propaganda admits to the fact that God is closer to us than even our jugular vein by saying; "...And certainly, We have created man, and We know what his mind suggests to him, and We are nearer to him than his life-vein ... " (Holy Qur’an, 50:16)
(2) The Holy Qur’an describes God to be the source of all existing things and that all phenomena acquire their capacity to exist from God, and thus God is present and manifest in every living thing. The Holy Qur'an, when explaining this fact, says: "Allah knows what every female bears, and that of which the wombs fall short of completion and that of which they increase; and there is a measure with Him of every thing" (Holy Qur’an, 13:8)
(3) To Muslims, God has never been far outside of this world as He is the One and the Only Being who blessed and continues to bless the whole world and all mankind with His divine outer and inner eternal blessings. The Holy Qur'an testifies this reality by saying: "Do you not see that Allah has made what is in the Heavens and what is in the Earth subservient to you, and made complete to you His favors outwardly and inwardly" (Holy Qur’an, 31:20)
(4) The Holy Qur'an teaches that, it is Allah (God) who allows the ships to float on the seas through His divine favors and mercy, and that, it is He who saves people from the dangers of storms in their voyages. This simply means that God - to the Muslims - is always in control of the whole existence and all the phenomena of the world in all circumstances. Nothing in this existence has ever been independent of God. The Holy Qur'an explains this concept saying;
"Do you not see that the ships run on the seas by Allah's favor, that He may shows you His signs? Most surely there are signs in this for every patient endurer, grateful one ... And when a wave like mountains covers them they call upon Allah, being sincere to Him in obedience, but when He brings them safe to the Land, some of them compromise, and none denies Our signs but every perfidious, ungrateful one ... "(Holy Qur’an, 31:31-33)
While I was writing this passage, my wife whispered to me and kidded, saying: "maybe His Holiness has forgotten that it was the God of the Bible who is outside of our world ..." I replied to her saying, "no, he cannot mean that". But then I asked myself a question. "how could a man who always reads the Bible not understand that the God of the Bible is far and outside of our world"·
In fact, God - as explained by the Bible - always dwells in the Heavens and whenever He needs to come to the earth or travel around His own territories, He normally rides upon the Cherub and fly like a Jet. A Cherub is a young beautiful female angel…! This God of the Bible sometimes prepares Himself for these types of trips even by shaving His hairs and beards…! The God of the Bible dwells very far from us and our environment, and so while travelling, His nostrils get infected with cold and heavy blowing wind and so He kindle a fire for Himself to warm His body lest He should be infected by flu..!
Dear readers, do you think that I am kidding with you? No! I am not writing this in jest or trying to mock the Bible. But read yourself the following Biblical testimonies:
(1) "…in my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried to my God: and He did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into His ears. Then the earth shook and trembled: the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because He was wrought. There went a smoke out of His nostrils, and fire out of His mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under His feet. And He rode upon a Cherub, and did fly: and He was seen upon the wings of the wind…" 2 Sam. 22:7-12.3
(2) The following is another interesting picture of God as portrayed by the Bible, I hope the Christians and His Holiness Pope John Paul II will come to agree with the fact that the God as described by the Holy Qur'an is more holy and realistic than the God portrayed by the Bible. The Bible speaks about God as having hair and beard! See this absurdity and read with your own eyes; "…In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard...” Isaiah. 7: 20.
This is then the God of the Bible whom His Holiness is proud of and urges the whole world to believe in, because he is a handsome man who shaves the hairs of his head, the hairs of his feet and his beards with a hired razor from the king of Assyria. How poor is this Biblical God who shave with a hired razor ..!
Your Holiness, the God of the Holy Qur'an is too majestic to attribute to Himself all of the above-mentioned flawed qualities presented by the Bible. The Holy Qur'an clearly and categorically explains God as; "...Allah is One and Unique. Allah is the One on whom all depend. He beget not, no was He begotten. And none is Like unto Him..."(Holy Qur’an, 112: 1-4)
By saying this, the Holy Qur'an openly denies the physical presence for God. Thus God does not have any human-like quality as all human qualities are temporal qualities, they are blood and flesh experience. The real God is an Immortal and Eternal Being who was not begotten nor does He beget anything. Begetting sexuality are an attribute for living creatures. He, the Creator of the heavens and the Earth and all things, is far above the temporal qualities and existence of finite creatures.
(3) Another image of God as described by the Bible is that God is sitting upon the throne physically with His hairs resembling pure wool and that his garment as white as snow. This God is always in heavens, far from mankind. The throne of God is like a fiery flame and His wheels as burning fire, and it is only when the day of judgment comes - then on that day - this God will come down. In fact, this is among the greatest absurdity about the nature of God in the Bible in which His Holiness the Pope and the majority of Christian preachers are perhaps unaware of.
The Bible says the following about these features of God: “...I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garments were white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire...” Dan. 7:9.4
Jehovah Witnesses are among the Christian denominations which are, in fact, one of the greatest challenges to Christianity.
This is so because they deny and reject some fundamental beliefs of the Christians.
For instance, they reject the deification of Jesus Christ. They deny the person and the role of the Holy Spirit and they also refute the doctrine of "Trinity". And they claim that their teachings are the only real truth about the Bible.
Early in this century5, the Jehovah Witnesses shocked the world when they published a religious article in their Awake Magazine published on September 8, 1957 entitled "50,000 errors in the Bible". This article approved the scientific findings and research done by Christian Biblical scholars of the highest eminence who believed that there were such errors in the Bible.
In fact, these Christian scholars of the Bible acknowledged and admitted that there are many errors in the Bible and these errors (according to the Jehovah Witnesses Awake Magazine) could even extend to 50,000 errors thus it is a time for every intellectual to wake up and consider these scientific findings concerning the Bible.
How then could the Bible be reliable while it contains all of these errors? This is a question which needs to be asked by all who consider the Bible as the Book of Allah, but why do Jehovah Witnesses have to confess and publish these facts?
Perhaps, it was a way of getting more followers into their newly established Christian sect. Actually because of these kinds of beliefs and their examples as mentioned earlier, some Christians do not regard the Jehovah Witnesses as true Christians. But they regard the Church as a cult which has nothing to do with Christianity.
The founder of the Jehovah Witnesses Church, Charles Taze Russell, started his own research on the Bible and brought out his new findings to the public by publishing his first work on his creed in a pamphlet entitled "The object and manner of the Lord's return". In this work, Russell established his cult by claiming that the year in which Jesus was about to return in his second coming was 1874 and then Russell changed this date of Christ's return to 1914 (the year of World War 1).
This return was not to be a physical, but a spiritual one. By saying this, Russell and his Jehovah Witnesses Church have contradicted many Christian denominations.6
Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the Jehovah Witnesses Church, was born in Pennsylvania in the year 1852. Russell married Maria Frances Ackley in 1879 and immediately appointed her as secretary treasurer of his Church, or society as it was known as that time.
Maria was also an associate editor of the "Watchtower Magazine" but she complained a lot through the years of how her articles were treated by her husband. This was among other reasons why she left her husband Russell and his new society "the Jehovah Witnesses".
Differences between Maria Frances and her husband Charles Russell escalated and Maria later sued her husband for divorce on the grounds of his conceit, egoism, self-centeredness, domination and mistreatment of women, and improper conduct with other women in the society.
In 1912, Rev. J.J. Ross, originally a Baptist preacher of Hamilton, Ontario, denounced and rejected all beliefs innovated by Charles Russell in a pamphlet circulated in nearly every state in America. It was said that the founder of the Jehovah Witnesses Church was caught lying on the witness stand while in Court. He was asked whether he knew the Greek language, and he answered by saying he did. But when he was asked to read some Greek letters, he admitted that he had not told the truth as he was just kidding as the Americans would say. Ref: "The Four major Cults", by Anthony Hoekema (1963), P. 227, note 12.
It is interesting to notice here that the Founder of the Jehovah Witnesses lied in the Court while on the witness stand despite his claim that his Church and society were the only Christians who would be raised to Heavens by God. His mistreatment of women and, in particular his own wife, gives us the impression that he was not even qualified to lead any religious society - since the Bible which he claims to follow is full of good instructions especially about morals, family values and social ethics. Were all of these divine instructions and guidance absent from his mind? Unfortunately, Charles Russell did not believe that Jesus Christ had died on the Cross for the removal of his sins as believed by other Christians.
The saved ones, according to Witnesses, are divided into two classes - the anointed class and the other sheep. The anointed class consists of only 144,000 Jehovah Witnesses who are "God's chosen people"; they will rule with Christ eternally in heaven. These groups of people sometimes are known as "little flock". The other sheep consist of many other believers who earn eternal life on earth. While the anointed class will be in heaven reigning with Christ eternally, the other sheep will be on the same earth after it has been renewed by God. So they be on the renewed earth after the predicted Armageddon and the Millennium whereby all those who pleased Jehovah will enjoy eternal life on an Eden-like earth.
The "unsaved" people according to the Jehovah Witnesses will face non-existence - being annihilated by God. They will comprise all the wicked dead who died without the chance of resurrection or opportunity to work for salvation during the millennium and all of those who fail Millennial tests.
In fact, none of these ideas and beliefs of the Jehovah Witnesses can be traced to the Bible. They are man-made doctrines and are commandments of men. Nowhere in the Bible is it written that any one will have a second chance before the Day of Judgment. And as the Witnesses do not believe in Hell, they have introduced the belief of annihilation from existence. However, the Bible reminds us; "...And whosoever was not found written in the book of life, was cast into the lake of fire..." Rev. 20:15.
Where are then the Jehovah Witnesses with this truth? Are they really the Jehovah Witnesses'? To us Jehovah is the Absolute truth, and thus those who are His witnesses must witness only the truth and so if they are truly Jehovah Witnesses, how could they then witness falsehood and reject the truth?
The Jehovah Witnesses are urging everyone they meet to accept that the real and the original name of God is "Jehovah", but we have searched throughout the New Testament and could not find anywhere that the word Jehovah had ever been used by Christ to signify God.
But we see Jesus Christ in his moment of crisis, allegedly while on the Cross, calling to God saying; "E'-li, E'-li, Ia rna sa-bach'tha-ni"? "…That is to say, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?..." Matt. 27:46".
In the above statement, Jesus is calling God for help using the phrase "E'li, E'li" which means "My God. My God" and not Jehovah! Jehovah! Remember that. Had the name Jehovah been the real and original name of God, Jesus would have used it at that moment of need for divine help. Instead, we see him using the word E'li, E'li which in fact is the same ‘Allah’ that the Holy Qur'an is calling on mankind to believe in Him almost 1,415 years ago.
And in the book of Rev. 19:19, we see and hear the angels singing in the heavens with words praising God. These angels have never used the name Jehovah in that important moment of praising His name but they used the word "Alleluyah, Alleluyah", which is an Aramaic and Hebrew term. This term when uttered and pronounced in Arabic - the language of the Holy Qur'an - will be "Ya Allahu, Ya Allahu" which simply means "0, Allah".
So "Alleluyah" means O, Allah. But Christians now think that when you say "Alleluyah" you are saying, "Give Him prays" and this is not true. But where has this word "Jehovah" come from? It came from two Hebrew phrases "Ya" and "Hwe" "Ya" will simply mean "0", and ''Hwe" means "He". So the Jews when they say "Yahwe" or in Arabic "Ya Huwa", they simply mean to call their Creator God in His "pronoun" rather than His real name - which for them is "Elo and "Elohiim". This, in Arabic, would be "Allah and Allahummah" - which is "God and Our God".
Thus as Jesus in that critical moment of prayer had addressed his God as "Father” or as “Eloi", why then should the name of God to Jehovah Witnesses not be "Father” or “Eloi” or “Allah", instead of Jehovah?
We have learnt that out of the thousands of denominations in Christianity none of them are alike; in fact each one of them has serious and significant differences with other denominations. Comparison between the Jehovah Witnesses and other Christians are given below:
( 1) The majority of Christians say that God is an Eternal, Personal, Spiritual Being in three Persons - the Trinity; Father, Son and Holy Spirit as it came in Matt. 3:13-17, 28:19 or as it came in 2 Cor. 13:-14. But to Jehovah Witnesses, there is one Solitary Being from all Eternity - Jehovah God; the Creator and Preserver of the Universe and all things, and they deny the doctrine of Trinity.
(2) The majority of Christians believe that scripture teaches that man has an eternal, immortal soul as in Gen. 1:26, Gen .5:1, Job. 32:8, Acts. 7:59 and in 1Cor.11:7, while according to the Jehovah Witnesses, man does not have an immortal soul as they teach and believe that soul is not separate from the body.
(3) The majority of Christians believe that Christ is divine, a part of the Trinity, God Himself as it came in John.1:1, Col.1:15-19, 2:9 and in 1 John. 5:7-S. But in Jehovah Witnesses, Christ was not God but God's first created creature and so they deny Christ's divinity.
(4) The majority of Christians believe that the death of Christ was the complete payment for man's sins as in Rom. 3:24-25, Col. 1:20, 1Peter. 2:24, and in 2 Cor. 5:20. According to the Jehovah Witnesses, Christ's death provides the opportunity for man to work for his own salvation, for them salvation is that perfect human life for eternity on an Eden-like earth.
(5) Most of Christians believe and accept that Christ was bodily resurrected from the grave after he was buried for three days and three nights as it came in the Gospel of John. 2:21, and Luke. 24:36-43. However, according to the Jehovah Witnesses, the same Christ for them was raised a divine spirit, and so their belief goes to deny the bodily resurrection of Christ.
(6) Nearly all Christians of the world believe and anticipate the physical return of Jesus Christ as it came in 1Thess. 4:16-17, Matt. 24:30 and in Rev. 1:7. but for the Jehovah Witnesses, Christ has already returned to this earth and the year of his return was 1914. His return to this world was invisible and now he is ruling the earth and the Universe from heaven.
(7) Almost all Christians worldwide believe that there is an eternal punishment for sins and for the sinners as it came in the Gospel according to Matt. 5:22, Luke.13:24-28 and also in 2 Peter. 2:17, but the Jehovah Witnesses, as usual, have their own version of belief in this regard. They believe that there is no Hell or Eternal punishment but those who do not measure up to Jehovah's standards will be annihilated and destroyed completely from existence.
Now, that you have seen the differences which exist in Christianity, you are better placed to choose the truth from falsehood. Do all of these Churches which oppose one another belong to Jesus and the truth taught by him?
- 1. Ref: A Catechism of Christian Doctrine, No: 3.
- 2. James was the first builder of the tabernacle of David. As Jesus came to sit on the throne of David, here we understand that, James at first had built this tabernacle before it was destroyed by the enemies… and here it seems that he was ready to build it again.
- 3. This is the biblical God; the smoke went out of his nostrils and fire out of his mouth as you have seen. Therefore this God believed in by his holiness has nostrils and a mouth which gives out smoke and fire like a dragon ...! The phrase "he bowed the heavens and came down" and the phrase under his feet" underlines the belief by the Pope and Christian that the Almighty God is only in heaven and he is not by any means with us ...! and the phrase "He rode upon a Cherub" signifies the Christian dogma that God is physical being ..! O your holiness, "….why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye"? Matt. 7:3
- 4. In the book of 2 Sam 22:7-12, we are told that smoke and fire were coming out from God's mouth and nostrils, but here in Daniel we are told that the throne of this God also is like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire, which simply means that this God is surrounded by flames and fire as if the God of the Bible resembles the dragon or a God in ancient folklores.
- 5. The 20th century, when the book was first printed.
- 6. Even though the subject of this booklet is "Islam and Christianity, a Comparative Study", I decided to write briefly about some Christian denominations so that their creed and beliefs might be understood by both ordinary Christians and Muslims, hoping that this effort will assist in the separating the truth from falsehood.