[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Salman al-Farsi (AS)- A Member of Ahlul-Bayt

Salaamun alaykum,

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh

Mustafa Rawji
Acting Modertor, 'Aalim Network

Assalaamu 'Alaykum,

When Prophet Muhammad (SA'AWAWS) said "Salman is of Ahlul-Bait" why don't
we count him as a member of Ahlul-Bayt, and what did the Prophet of ALLAH
(SA'AWAWS) mean by saying Hadrath Salman (AS) is of Ahlul-Bayt?  Was it

Jazaak ALLAHU Khair

The reference to Salman Farsi as a member of the Ahlul-Bayt is honorary.
Salman Farsi's conversion to Islam left a great impression on the Holy
Prophet (S) and others. Throughout the years of the Holy Prophet's mission,
Salman Farsi was one of the companions most dedicated in the service,
defence and propagation of Islam. His service  to the household of the Holy
Prophet and his sincere love for them earned him great respect from all
quarters of the Ahlul-Bayt. Thus, as an honor for him, the Prophet (S)
referred to him as one of the Ahlul-Bayt (AS). We pray that he will be
raised in the honorable company of the ones he loved so dearly.

Ali Rasheed

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Salat from sunrise to noon
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Saying "Ameen" after Surat-ul Fatiha