[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Books on Ahlul Bayt(as) [Follow-up]

	The reply to the follow-up questions below was kindly provided by
Br. Shaun.

Assalaamu'alaykum,

I read the posting of this topic and found out it pretty intersting
because I am also a new follower of Ahlul Bayt. I have a couple of follow
up questions regarding this:

			------------------------

FOLLOW-UP QUESTION 1:

Regarding the incomplete translation and work by the Imam Ali Center of
Islamic Research, for juz. 1 and juz 30 that Br.Shaun Astarabadi
mentioned, was it tafseer Al Mizan (tafseer of Quran by late Tabatabai)
that Br. Shaun actually meant? Or is it a different book?

ANSWER:

It is a different book, the current print is hard cover (blue) in three
volumes. It is by a community of scholars. This is lighter reading than
al-Mizan.
			-------------------------

FOLLOW-UP QUESTION 2:

For the tafseer of Quran, which book do you think is best? Would you
recommend some of the tafseer of Quran books that you consider the best?

ANSWER:

In my opinion, and many others as well, Tafseer al-Mizan is one of the
top if not the best. Although I read the original (21 volume) Arabic,
the content and coverage should be maintained in the translation.  The
author presents in his commentary the various views around a verse and
also gives his opinion as to which is the most favorable and logical
with support from other verses elsewhere in the Quran. Additionally,
there are discussion sections, every so often, which deal with certain
Islamic beliefs, which is unique to this tafseer even in Arabic. In
English only 8 volumes are available and they cover about the first
two/three Arabic volumes.

Furthermore, the author is a contemporary who only passed away during
the last 20 years, so the work reflects the awareness of this scholar
when it comes to the current state of science, technology and knowledge.
Highly recommended!

Wassalam

Shaun

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Books on Ahlul Bayt(as)
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Bowing in Karate