[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Fateha for Ahlul Bayt (as) / Nazar

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Mulla
Asghar.

786.

Salaamalaikum,

Please can you tell me whether it is allowed to recite Sura-e-Fateha for
Ahlul-Bayt in a manner similar to the Fatehas which are recited for
deceased maumineen/mauminaat, i.e. after reciting Sura-e-Fateha for
ordinary maumineen/mauminaat we say 'O Allah please give the
sawab/hadiya of this fateha to X son of Y'. Please note the intention
after the recitation, bearing in mind that the Ahl-e-Bait are not in
need of our Fatehas, etc.

I have heard of situations where the Sura-e-Fateha is recited for nazar
and people say, for example, 'O Abul Fadlil Abbas please accept our
nazar'.

Wasalaam.

ANSWER:

Reciting Surah of Fateha, offering the whole recitation of the Holy Qur'an,
praying 2 or more Rakaats for Masoomeen (AS) is permissible. Your Niyyat
for the purpose will suffice, but it has to be Qurbatan Ilallah.

The Ahlulbait (AS) pray for us in return.

Nazar can only be made in the name of Allah. It is a covenant with Allah
Almighty.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Fasting while Breastfeeding
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Father's qadha salaa