[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Reciting 2nd Sura in 3rd/4th Rakat

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Mulla
Asghar.

Salamun alaikum,

I was praying behind one of the brothers, and I noticed that he had recited
another surah after Al-Fatihah in the 3rd and 4th rak'a.  I told him that he
is not suppose to do that.  The question is whether all his prayers are void
or not, and whether my prayer, behind him, is void as well.  Please answer
according to Syed Sistani.

Thank You

ANSWER:

In the 3rd and the 4th Rakaat, we are allowed to recite Tasbeehat-e-Arba'
or Sura Alhamd.

If the person did it [recited another sura] purposely, his Namaz is void.
If he did not know the Mas'ala or did it forgetfully, then the Namaz is
not void.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Reciting 2nd Sura in 3rd/4th Rakaat (Follow-up)
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Reciting 2nd Sura in 3rd/4th Rakat (Follow-up)