[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Sile-Raham

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Mulla
Asghar.

Saalam Alaikum!!

I am very concerned about how sileh-Raham is practiced, and to what extent
it should be practiced. For Instance my parents constantly tell me about
how I should be practicing Sileh-Raham, ie. being good to my relatives.
What if my relatives have really mistreated people or have done other
things that are totally against the laws of Islam openly. Do I still
practice sileh-raham, knowing full well that is seems wrong.

I also want to know what exactly Sileh-Raham is. Please advice soon. I am
in the taqleed to Agha Seestaani.

Yours in Islam

ANSWER

Sile Rahm means to maintain and make amends with blood relations - the
relatives who are consanguinal i.e. sharing the womb - like parents,
brothers, sisters etc.

The Prophet (s.a.w.) and our aimma have repeatedly emphasised upon us this
virtue and so does Qur'an-e-Majid. We have been enjoined to maintain Sile
Rahm even if the relatives do not reciprocate. Now, what they do by way of
evil acts is their responsibility. You are not responsible as long as you
do not assist them, directly or indirectly in whatever they do. You are
confined to your relation with them only.

Sile Rahm confers the pleasure of Allah, averts many adversities, causes
increase in Rizq as well as life span.

Asgharali M M Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Siamese Twins
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Sile-Raham (Follow-up)