[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Predictions about Imam Mehdi (as)

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh Panah.

Aslam Alaikum,
I  have a few questions about Imam Mehdi (AS):

1- What are the predictions about Imam Mehdi's Zahour (arrival) ie those
predictions which would be fulfilled before the Imam arrives?
2- How many of these predictions have been fulfiled already?
3- What are the predictions about the reign of Imam Mehdi?
Please provide answers in detail. If there is any web site that I can
refer to, please let me know about that also.

Dear Br./Sr.

Salamun Alaykum,

	As to the signs of Imam Mahdi's (AS) appearance, we should know
that in Islamic sources many signs are mentioned. These signs fall into
two categories, a) natural events, and b) social events. But among the
traditions many unauthentic narrations are introduced, which makes the
tasks of prediction very difficult. In fact, one may even say that they
have been introduced into Islamic texts in order to discredit the very
idea of "Mahdaviat". Because through history many have set a date or have
claimed that a certain historical period has all the necessary signs of
Imam Mahdi's 'AS) appearance be proven wrong. And as a result many people
have doubted the very idea of "Mahdaviat". Some of the signs such as the
spread of tyranny, domination of ignorance, scientific progress, expansion
of global wars , false prophecies, social upheavals and so on, are too
general to draw any conclusion from. I believe one must always be
expecting his majesty's appearance in a manner, which suits each
individual, but one must refrain from making any prediction of its time.

	As to what books in English you can read about the topic,
unfortunately I am not familiar with any, but I am sure there are many on
who can name some.

With Regards

Moderator's Note:
	A detailed discussion on the reapperance Imam Mehdi (as) may be found in
the following book at the URL listed below:

		Al-Imám al-Mahdí, The Just Leader of Humanity

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Praying with Woollen Garments
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Prescribed form of Aamals