[Subject] [Date] [Moderator] Home

['Aalim Network QR] Namaaz Chador

	The reply to the following question was kindly provided by Shaykh
Mustafa Jaffer.

Recently, I have begun to worry about my namaaz because all namaaz
chaadors, because, they are white, are abit see through.  This means that
although I am covered fully, one is able to see through the chador at what
I am wearing.  Does this matter when there are no na-mahrams around, or
when they are?  What about all my previous sal'aats?  Should I know find a
new chaador, and does the namaaz chaador necessarily have to be white.
Please answer soon as I am quite confused and concerned about this issue.

ANSWER:

The objective of wearing the Chador when reciting Namaz is to conceal the
figure. Although it is see-through since it is white, it is not as
transparent as, say, nylon or other materials.

The colour white is not a condition and all your prayers are Sahih. May the
Almighty accept them all - Amen.

With Salaams and Duas

Mustafa Jaffer

Back: ['Aalim Network QR] Najasat in the State of Janabat
Forward: ['Aalim Network QR] Namaaz-e-Jumu'ah (Friday Prayers)